Author Topic: Revolut Card  (Read 3441 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Revolut Card
« on: March 01, 2019, 13:54:02 PM »
I’m looking to use this more and more due to the excellent exchange rate it gives and the ease of use and security.

Unfortunately I’ve got the basic card which only allows me to withdraw cash at up to £200 per month.

My question is how easy is it to pay by card in the restaurants over there? We have always used cash in the last.

Thanks,

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
Re: Revolut Card
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 18:29:30 PM »
Never had any issues. Works perfectly

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 18:45:51 PM »
I use the Starling card which also has excellent exchange rates - but as long as I have loaded enough cash onto it (which I do online while abroad) there is no monthly limit.

Card is certainly much easier than it used to be - I recall times when they'd trust you to come back with cash the next day (even if they'd never met you before) rather than pay by card. These days it seems everyone locally is paying for everything by card, even a coffee. 

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 08:37:05 AM »
I use my 123 zero card all the time

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
A think to note actually. Whilst I was visiting over the winter months the bank was charging to allow me to withdraw TL from the revolut card. Therefore I just use it for paying for items

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 15:33:31 PM »
A think to note actually. Whilst I was visiting over the winter months the bank was charging to allow me to withdraw TL from the revolut card. Therefore I just use it for paying for items

Actually that's fine with us as we have a Nationwide card we can use to get cash out without charge. I was more interested in paying with Revolut and just re-loading it when the rates are good.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 15:34:12 PM »
I use the Starling card which also has excellent exchange rates - but as long as I have loaded enough cash onto it (which I do online while abroad) there is no monthly limit.

Card is certainly much easier than it used to be - I recall times when they'd trust you to come back with cash the next day (even if they'd never met you before) rather than pay by card. These days it seems everyone locally is paying for everything by card, even a coffee. 

They'll be taking Bitcoins next  ;)

Offline arbitro3493

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 18:22:57 PM »

Actually that's fine with us as we have a Nationwide card we can use to get cash out without charge. I was more interested in paying with Revolut and just re-loading it when the rates are good.

What account is it you have with nationwide to do this? Does the atm not charge for the withdrawal of gbp now?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 11:58:13 AM »

What account is it you have with nationwide to do this? Does the atm not charge for the withdrawal of gbp now?

We’ve had it a few years. It’s a Flex account. We never pay fees with it but some machines charge. AKBank is our preferred bank for free withdrawals of Sterling.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 15:57:56 PM »
 Hello
I have a Revolut card, a UK one which I am using in France. Have been impressed.
Easy to charge it with cash, then exchange to currency. If I have both Euro & sterling, then pay using it at e.g. supermarket, it takes Euro out automatically (providing balance ok), I've also used it on Amazon.fr, again paying in Euro.
I will be using  in Turkey in the summer.
Lorraine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf