Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 3319 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Bitcoin
« on: February 08, 2021, 14:25:32 PM »
On the day that Musk has invested $1.5billion into Bitcoin I wish I’d listened to my two sons back in the day!

If I’d invested a couple of thousand back then I’d be worth a lot more now. A whole lot more.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=50794.10

Can’t complain even though we got in a bit late but if we’d bought 10 years ago, just imagine............

Not too late though. It’s estimated they might reach $100,000 a Bitcoin this year.

Revolut is a great way to drop in a few quid a month.

Offline kevinc250

• Newly Registered
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 18:10:37 PM »
i'm the same stoop, my youngest had 12.5 bitcoins at one point for trading purposes, he would be worth i guess 300k now if not more if he had kept onto them-he's well and truley gutted by the way.
i used to dismiss this crypto thing as a gimmick but during the first lockdown i bought 4k of bitcoin as something to do, within three months that 4k grew to just over 9k- i bought amanda a used audi tt as a present and still retained that 4k its at just above 6k as i type and yes i beleive it will go higher in the long term but ether could give back a higher return over the next few years i beleive or even xrp.

Offline Rana

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 18:46:18 PM »
So how do we invest in this bitcoin? Where do we sign? :D

Offline 1calis

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 12:44:08 PM »
Try Binance. It is the largest crypto exchange. Can buy from fiat and exchange to crypto. A lot of hype at the moment. Some think bitcoin will reach $100000 this year. Many institutions starting to get involved. Be careful. Remember price can drop. If you just want to keep your crypto and not trade try staking the more popular coins. Can earn interest of over 10½ apr plus chance of capital gain.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 16:13:58 PM »
i'm the same stoop, my youngest had 12.5 bitcoins at one point for trading purposes, he would be worth i guess 300k now if not more if he had kept onto them-he's well and truley gutted by the way.
i used to dismiss this crypto thing as a gimmick but during the first lockdown i bought 4k of bitcoin as something to do, within three months that 4k grew to just over 9k- i bought amanda a used audi tt as a present and still retained that 4k its at just above 6k as i type and yes i beleive it will go higher in the long term but ether could give back a higher return over the next few years i beleive or even xrp.

Good move! We've done OK and our kids have basically set themselves up for life now. Still being cautious even though £100k this year is muted as a possibility. I read an economist the other day who reckons £200k will be the point to get out as that's when the institutions will cash in their crypto.

I've also bought a few bits through Revolt. OK it's not an exchange but it does allow the modest investor to have a dabble and it's very easy to cash them back into whatever currency you choose. The only charge is the bid/offer spread.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 08:07:38 AM »
Good morning all 😷can anyone who has some time on their hands at the mo explain how Bitcoin works please, I’m very interested after reading the comments as I was going to buy some / invest or however it works in the very beginning but my husband was sceptical so I didn’t...
Gosh Kevin I can understand why your son is gutted!
Thanks everyone   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 08:49:21 AM »
Karennina, If you put 'Understanding Bitcoins' into a search engine there's a huge amount of information.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 18:42:51 PM »
I invested a silly £1500 in Ethereum back in 2018, i drew out a sum when it started to drop late 2019, i left a small amount in and today it has increased 8 fold. as i have already taken my initial sum any thing now is pure profit which i will just leave in for the fun of watching the highs and lows   

Offline Steve A

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 19:18:56 PM »
Seems to go in cycles then crashes and rebuilds ,got about 2yrs I was told to make big,take your cash out then reinvest at the low price

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 07:51:29 AM »
Cheers KKOB il do that today   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf