Author Topic: Nat West Bank (and any other bank) Robbers!  (Read 2442 times)

Offline lmaddy

Nat West Bank (and any other bank) Robbers!
« on: January 10, 2008, 16:27:16 PM »
Today I had to buy rather a lot of Euros's - I went to Nat West they quoted my 1.3240, luckily I have access to the spot rate which at the time was 1.3375/90 or there abouts. So I said the rate wasn't good enough, I got the usual speil anout Euro going down and this was the best rate.
Well b##'s, I said I would go else where but was disgusted that my Bank which is meant to give me a Private banking service couldn't give me a better rate, I would have been happy with 1.33, they said find a better rate & they will match it. Well b##'s I went through Currency Direct where i have just set up an account dealt with them painlessly at 1.33 and they would also do the money transfer to Malta for nothing.
A saving of £450!
Thanks for nothing Nat West.

If you got large amounts to transfer for example property purchases then it is worth going with a company like this. If you need to transfer money on a regular basis then they can also help.

Good service quick & easy - you do need to set up an account first.

Lorraine

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 16:56:16 PM »
 :)I too am with Nat West and had a similar experience 3 weeks ago, it was actually the teller that works in the bank who told me not to bother, I saved £120-£130, by going elswhere, I am also insured with them and have had nothing but problems with a claim for household insurance, which is the only one I have made in 20 years, I'm sure they have a group of plantpots working in their office,will find out tomorrow if they accept my valid argument, ;)

Offline Don

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 13:31:21 PM »
Brilliant post Imaddy. I also bank with Natwest and had to send euros to France. After reading your post I used currency direct and saved a whopping £350. If I see you in Calis I'll buy you a beer or three(not that I know what you look like:D)Anyway many thanks Don

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 08:38:36 AM »
Don
I am delighted that you have benifited & Nat West have not - well done. A victory for the small guys!
Lorraine
The good looking one in Calis!

Offline Jules1

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 20:57:37 PM »
Does that mean there is an ugly looking Lmaddy walking around Calis Lorraine?  lol :P

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:15:10 AM »
yes Larry!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf