Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 4239 times)

Offline javacoffee

Insurance
« on: October 22, 2005, 16:43:57 PM »
I have trawled the search section on this matter and can not find the exact answer I am looking for. So here goes.

Most of the searches say that I can not insure my property unless I have my Tapu. Now does this mean that I must produce it before I can get insurance.

I understand that my builder has insured the building until I have ownership, when do I have ownership. When the Tapu is ready or when I actully collect it.

I want to be covered from the moment I am the actual owner, I do not want a gap between my ownership and the builder being released from his.

I have asked my agent and he say's that he can help with my insurance, of course he can but, I can not get it through that I do not want the risk that I maybe without cover for even a day.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 17:38:26 PM »
Just to be safe we had our Turkish bank insure us whilst we waited for the Tapu. They did so with a cobering letter stating the same

Speak to your agent

Steve

Offline javacoffee

Insurance
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 11:20:32 AM »
I will instruct my agent to get me insured within the next week, thanks for your reply.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Insurance
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 12:20:03 PM »
I have just insured 2 properties without having a tapu used passport and tax number it was done through AXA and includes earthquake cover total cost was 115 each pounds that is

Ron

Offline noebar

Insurance
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 18:21:37 PM »
Hi Ron Do you have to have a tax number if you are an owner, but not a permanant resident?
If you do where do i apply for one,so i can insure the apartment in febuary.
barry
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 18:22:47 PM by noebar »

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 19:52:07 PM »
Hi
I also got full contents and earthquake insurance without Tapu via Isvicre Sigorta (tel 02525144166).  One quirk with some policies is with accidental damage - some cover you for one 'accident' only - worth asking about.
Doug

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Insurance
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 21:10:57 PM »

Our bank got us our tax number.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Insurance
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 00:04:13 AM »
We insured our apartment on Violet at the AXA office in Fethiye in January, 2005. Our Tapu was issued in March and we actually received it during our April visit.
Ken & Sue

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Insurance
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 20:08:15 PM »
I went to the tax office myself & got a number - you need a photocopy of the photo page from your passport (photocopy booth ouside the main entrance) the names of each of your parents & your local (Turkish) address. It took all of 10 mins including getting the photocopy.

The tax office is the large new building on the roundabout as you go from Migros towards Calis on the coast road.

I was told that I couldn't open a Turkish bank account without a tax number

Offline teresa321

Insurance
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 20:32:02 PM »
You do need one for a bank account but Finans got ours when they opened the account for us and we didn't even know they had done it until it came up in conversation later on. I have heard other people say that it is an easy and quick process though.

Teresa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf