Author Topic: Bedding size  (Read 1674 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Bedding size
« on: July 27, 2020, 02:12:16 AM »
Can anyone tell me the size of sheets/beds in Turkey please. I know English sizes are too small and don't fit. Bx

Offline hornedfrog

Re: Bedding size
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
Good morning, Bernie.
I've recently been bed and sheet shopping in Fethiye and found all the beds in metric sizes. It helps to know what dimensions you prefer in metric sizes, rather than in Twin/Queen/King, etc.

I wanted large single beds that can be combined into a extra large bed, so passed on the "normal" single sizes (80x180, 90x180) and went for 100x200 (large single or Twin XL), which when combined made 200x200 (Emperor). I easily found high TC cotton sheets at English Home in Erasta, but could have purchased poly/cotton blends almost anywhere.

You can also find standard doubles 140w, Queens 150w, Kings 180w or Super King/Emperor at 200w.

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the American bed sizes, whose dimensions are in inches and feet that don't really match up to the metric sizes we see everywhere else (Twin=3ft, XLTwin=3.5ft, Double=4.5ft, Queen=5ft, King=6ft, SuperKing/Emperor=6ft8in). In the UK, we often have sheets that are made for US-sized beds, which don't correspond to metric equivalents.

Hope this helps!
Dale

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 08:20:11 AM »
More than helps Dale, habidashery is your forte😁 thank you. Bern

Offline davybill

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 14:16:13 PM »
If your still after furniture Berni ,someone selling all theirs on Fethiye  expat Forum.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 16:02:05 PM »
I has sheets made by Aydilek. If you pass by the Migros in Fethiye on the Calis road, go over the roundabout as if going to Oludeiız, or the cemetery, Aydilek is on the right hand side. Hakan the owner speaks good english, take your mattress measurements, including the depth of the mattress if you want fitted sheets made.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf