Author Topic: NATIONWIDE  (Read 13013 times)

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
NATIONWIDE
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »
WE also just top up our Flex a/c before we go out and then just use the ATM's.As there are now 3 in Calis you shouldn't have a problem.Good exchange rate as well.LLoyds TSB cash rate when we went out 2.58.Atm withdrawals during our holiday 2.65 to 2.68.:D

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
NATIONWIDE
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 10:07:13 AM »
Sounds good ill have a look at that today,you say you can open a Flex a/c on
   the comupter?

Offline LeeGlo

NATIONWIDE
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 16:28:09 PM »
After reading all the good comments re Nationwide on the forum, we have just opened a joint flex a/c, applied for a visa card and got info on opening an off-shore a/c. You can do it on the net but you will still need to provide proof of identity and address. We went to the nearest branch, the member of staff was very helpful, filled all the forms in straight on the computer for us and even phoned the International department to check on things. Apparently with an off-shore account, if you nominate your Turkish a/c as one of your payees (you can specify several)you can then transfer funds by SWIFT (cost £25) by fax, phone or over the internet. We may go this route when we are ready to move out permanently. You can also choose how and when to have the interest paid and which way you pay the tax.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
NATIONWIDE
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 18:29:49 PM »
We have opened a Nationwide account also due to the information we got from the forum. We have been told that Swift transfer is £20.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
NATIONWIDE
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2007, 18:44:05 PM »
Best thing I ever did was to open the account. It saves taking £cash over, which we always used to. I bank on the internet for all my banking and transfer funds from my current to my flex so that when we are stung for charges on the compext, as we always seem to be( the latest was the canalisation!), its in the bank and available.

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
NATIONWIDE
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2007, 20:15:09 PM »
Mercury, a couple of years ago we sent money to Turkey through my HSBC account and it cost £32 for the Swift transfer. Shortly afterwards we sent some more money through Nationwide and, as you said, it cost £20. The person in Nationwide told us that as they were not a clearing bank, they used HSBC to expedite their transfers so any transfers that we make in the future will be via Nationwide.
Pete

Offline LeeGlo

NATIONWIDE
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 20:14:36 PM »
Mercury and Canalman are probably right about SWIFT costing £20 from your Flex account, I'm quoting £25 from the Off Shore account blurb, perhaps it is more because you have the convenience of not having to be there to sign paper work for the transfer. Mind you a trip to the Isle of Man wouldn't be too bad. I was particularly interested in a method of transfer by phone or internet thats why I asked Nationwide about the off-shore accounts. If anybody has found any other way to transfer funds without being present/leaving already filled out paperwork at the sending end I would be interested. Glo

Offline Diverbaz 1

NATIONWIDE
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 21:07:31 PM »
If you have a HSBC account in the UK you can open another account with them in Turkey (from the UK believe it or not), then to tranfer money between accounts is £10, no matter how much you transfer, this is each time you transfer. You can also do this online or by phone, using pre-arranged passwords. If you have a pension say, paid into UK account and can manage for three months, then you only need transfer 4 times a year.

I was in HSBC here last week making these enquiries for myself, preparing for when we move to Turkey, hopefully within the next 12 months.

Baz 8)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 21:09:03 PM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline teresa321

NATIONWIDE
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 23:56:11 PM »
From your flex account you can print out the swift transfer form (on internet) and then post this to the UK and the money can be transferred over without flying home. Did this last week, and sent the letter back with a visitor to post in the UK. You can only do it this way if you have an internet account.

Offline sannyrut

NATIONWIDE
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2007, 10:09:45 AM »
I received my Flex account card today and have started putting cash in it for our holiday in September in Calis.Thasnks for the info. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf