Author Topic: Best Rate of Interest  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Linda1953

Best Rate of Interest
« on: September 08, 2006, 17:22:14 PM »
Which bank currently has the best rate of interest?  :)

Offline wickwilly

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:37:38 AM »
Linda is that for sterling or YTL?. AK bank is giving 5% on current Sterling accounts if you save for 1 month. Koc bank and AK bank (that I know of) are giving 18.5% on YTL accounts, again over a period of one month.

WW

Offline Linda1953

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 11:15:03 AM »
For YTL Willy Finansbank is 18% just thought I could check out a better rate ta!

Offline Linda1953

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 13:42:15 PM »
How are people finding the quality of service at their banks?

What are bank interest rates now have there been any changes? Or any better deals?

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 21:32:05 PM »
Finnasbank may give out 18% interest on your deposits - I only wish they would let you take out the money when you ask them for it!

Offline teresa321

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:49:00 AM »
Please explain more Stuart.  Are you talking about the cashier running out of cash upstairs (has happened to me) or not being able to get your money out - without wishing to start a run on Finansbank:D.

Just getting my coat on now - see you there at 9am
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 05:49:49 AM by teresa321 »

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 18:00:22 PM »
Teresa we wanted to withdraw money to pay for our Tapu expenses only to be told they had another customers who needed more sterling than we did and we couldn't have it. Result was we had to pay our POA extra for her time as she had to go back on another day when they did have some sterling. We didn't want much money - under £2000 as I recall. We have since changed banks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 23:06:53 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline teresa321

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 06:40:50 AM »
Thanks Stuart.  I suppose they will only carry limited amounts of sterling but I can appreciate your annoyance. I was visiting Ayse and only wanted about 500 ytl and the cashier had run out of money, so I had to use the cash machine. This has happened to me in Lloyds as well so I suppose it was just a high demand day.

I did go in one day and ask for a few thousand lira and the cashier had to ring to check if I could have it as she had hardly any cash left and it was ok.  This did make me consider the fact that in the UK we are asked to give notice of large withdrawals so that they can make sure they have the money but I have never done this.

Just to keep this on topic - with a monthly interest account what day can you draw money without penalty?  My interest date is the 3rd of the month and shows on the account on the 4th.  We don't take the interest we just let it mount up but if I wanted to draw do I do it on the 3rd or the 4th?  A trip to Ayse will be needed otherwise as I never thought to ask.

Teresa

Offline Linda1953

Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:10 AM »
I have to back Stuart up on this one while I was waiting in the queue in Finansbank one morning, I rather irate English woman came up to me and complained she'd come to the bank today to withdraw £3,000 sterling but they would only give her £2,000 which meant she would have to come back another day to get the rest - this was for a property deposit and its not as if she did not have enough in her account. She went on to say to me 'they do not like you drawing out the sterling do they?'

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Best Rate of Interest
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »

In fairness if you wanted to draw out a large amount of foreign currency in a bank in the UK you would have to give a reasonable amount of notice.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf