Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2460 times)

Offline anthonylee

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 21:51:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum.  I am curious(nosey)to know what it is that makes your other half not want to come. :)

Offline anthonylee

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 21:54:34 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum.  I am curious(nosey)to know what it is that makes your other half not want to come. :)

She has a fear of flying. She last flew in 1966 ,one of the engines went down during the flight. Friends and family have tried everything but she won't have it.

Offline anthonylee

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 22:02:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by phil green

hi tony;have just bought of plan in calis at the new palm beach apartments they are ready next may,did every think go ok for you or did you hav any problems along the way,where in calis have you bought

Hi
It's the Corfez apartments near the Pelin Holtel. Corfez builders were great, put loads of extras in for free. Estate agent recommended by a friend started off good but ended up a nightmare. But at least the apartment is mine, it's paid for and my Tapu is nearly ready so it came good in the end. Just make sure to keep a note of everything and when you agree something get it in writing.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 23:49:11 PM »
Anthony
Has she tried hypnotherapy combined with EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy)?
That might REALLY help her overcome her fears. It's extremely effective. People go from tears to laughing out loud, wondering what the hell the were afraid of, often in minutes.
It's the same kind of therapy that Paul McKenna has been using on his TV programs recently (the tapping combined with hypnosis, to really get the therapy to the subconscious)- although he calls it something else.
Whereabouts in the country do you live as we may know someone near you that does this? I'll only recommend someone if they are REALLY good.
Linda
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 00:13:10 AM by lindacarl »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »
Pteromerhanophobia.....Fear of flying is almost impossible to understand if you do not suffer from it. Virgin Atlantic run day courses at various UK airports to help overcome this problem. Try this Virgin website    www.flyingwithoutfear.info  There may be other airlines who also do this. Several years ago there was a documentary about this on TV, which showed a tremendous success rate. Not certain who the airline was though. I do hope your wife can crack this one as she is missing out on so much. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 07:40:54 AM by tribalelder »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 13:09:48 PM »
hi and welcome to the CBF

Offline wickwilly

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 14:51:04 PM »
Hi Tony. Can you not persuade her to come by train/ferry. You could travel by train to Italy and get the ferry to Cesme/Izmir and catch a coach down or hire a car. It would take about 3 days but what a great way to arrive. Or travel by train to Istanbul via Munich and then get the coach down. I have done this journey. It was well worth the time spent.

WW

Offline anthonylee

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 16:08:27 PM »
Originally posted by lindacarl

Anthony
Has she tried hypnotherapy combined with EFT (Emotional Freedom Therapy)?
That might REALLY help her overcome her fears. It's extremely effective. People go from tears to laughing out loud, wondering what the hell the were afraid of, often in minutes.
It's the same kind of therapy that Paul McKenna has been using on his TV programs recently (the tapping combined with hypnosis, to really get the therapy to the subconscious)- although he calls it something else.
Whereabouts in the country do you live as we may know someone near you that does this? I'll only recommend someone if they are REALLY good.
Linda

Linda

Thanks very much for the suggestions but we really have suggested everything, but she doesn't want to know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf