Author Topic: new member  (Read 2777 times)

Offline alanda neal

« on: October 24, 2006, 18:36:06 PM »
hi everyone,
just thought i would introduce me and the family,we have just purchased an apartment in chalis near the new hospital and are over the moon.we came out in july for a holiday and then went back at the begining of october and found the perfect place. my name is alanda and my other half is antony. we have two girls one of 12 and one of 5. antony will be comming back out this friday and may need a drinking partner if anyone is willing to meet him as he will be on his own!!.we only have one question at the moment-does anyone know how we get a boiler fitted so we can have hot water all year round. looking forward to speaking to you all.alanda and antony

Offline jj

• Manchester, UK
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 18:41:56 PM »
Hi Antony & Alanda warm welcome to the forum! sorry cant help you with the boiler problem no doubt someone will come to your rescue their a friendly bunch!

Julie

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 18:53:44 PM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. I am making the assumption that you have solar panels on your roof to heat your water.[?] To a degree these will still give you hot water on a sunny day in the winter.  As a backup have an immersion heater fitted to the storage tank on the roof.  Half an hour to an hour is all you will need to kick start the hot water in the morning or as a boost if it has been very cloudy.  All in fitted will probably only cost about £30. Any electrician/plumber will do this for you or get your agent to organise it for you. :)

Offline linjim

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 19:11:35 PM »
Hi Alanda and family, a warm welcome to the forum

Offline alanda neal

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 19:19:35 PM »
thanks for the reply brian,you couldn't by any chance get a number for us, our agent isn't the fastest of people and it's a bit far for us to give him a kick up the bum so a number may help. as i said antony will be coming out on his own this friday(27th)we understand it is closed season but is there anywhere for him to go for somthing to eat and a drink and maybe meet some expats?so he dosn't feel like billy no mates!! :)

quote:
Originally posted by tribalelder

Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. I am making the assumption that you have solar panels on your roof to heat your water.[?] To a degree these will still give you hot water on a sunny day in the winter.  As a backup have an immersion heater fitted to the storage tank on the roof.  Half an hour to an hour is all you will need to kick start the hot water in the morning or as a boost if it has been very cloudy.  All in fitted will probably only cost about £30. Any electrician/plumber will do this for you or get your agent to organise it for you. :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 19:54:29 PM »
Have sent you an email via the Forum. :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 20:37:50 PM »
hi and welcome there is still quite a few places open in calis to get a meal and a drink or 2

Offline alanda neal

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 22:16:48 PM »
we have heard the nil bar is open all year round is this correct and is it popular with expats
quote:
Originally posted by puma

hi and welcome there is still quite a few places open in calis to get a meal and a drink or 2

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline Orange

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf