Author Topic: DIY Boat trip!  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DIY Boat trip!
« on: September 04, 2003, 16:06:43 PM »
There are lots of trips, one that may interest you though...

All the River Taxis to Fethiye leave from the bridge. If you go down one day & find boat no. 17, ask for a lady called Sera (pronounced 'Sarah') and ask to book it for the next day, or another day, they do a great trip. You get the boat to yourself, and they basically ask "Ok, where can we take you?" - we went right round Fethiye bay, out to an uninhabited Island where Sera's husband lept off, made a barbeque out of the rocks on the beach & cooked Garlic Bread & Shish Kebabs!! We went for a swim & on returning the table was set with about 9 different plates of salad, pasta, and the like. On the way back I asked if they could head straight into the Calis seafront, so I could take some photo's from the sea for the website (there are only about 4 pictures of Calis seafront on the internet!) Off he went, my twin girls took the wheel for a bit (not bad for two years old!!) and I got some great pictures - it's not something you can get on the normal boat trips.

I think you could get it for around £45 for the day, for the boat, we had 6 of us so £7.50 each?, that's including lunch (drinks extra) - if you decide to do this, here's a tip, take a pack of Earl Grey tea in your luggage with you for Sera, it's her favourite & so expensive in Turkey. Tell her Keith said she liked it and give her it before negotiating the price for the trip!

8.30pm is the best time to catch them & arrange a day.

You won't find that excursion in the trip shops!

Scunner

Offline Patty

• Poster
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 13:41:06 PM »
That boat trip sounds lovely, We had our trip organised through the Ernur hotel and we did have a lovely day. No BBQ though, had chicken. pasta, fish all very nice and fruit in the afternoon.
Really looking forward to the boat trip. Also how many could get on that boat of Sarah's

Patty

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 13:09:22 PM »
Hi Patty

I reckon 8 comfortably - it's one of the water taxis. They are a very friendly couple, although he speaks no English, Sera does.

Don't forget your Earl Grey tea!

Scunner

Offline Patty

• Poster
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 17:48:35 PM »
I was thinking 33, but no doubt 8 people will want to escape for the day.
Patty

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 18:12:55 PM »
When we we there in July, Ron of Hotel Ernur fame asked if we fancied a boat trip, it turned out that he had arranged something about the size of the Royal Yacht and arranged a 4 day trip. We had a really great laugh, it turned out that the boat was not up to Ron's high standards and he jumped ship after 3 days in Olu Deniz.

The Captain advised Ron that Crocodile shoes where not the usual footware for people disenbarking the the speedboat as big waves crashed onto Olu's beach. Due to the terms and conditions of this site, I am unable to print Ron's response !

If you go to Hotel Ernur, ask Ron to tell you the story about the night he slept on deck in Fethiye, I won't spoil it, but I promise you will cry with laughter.

Rimms

Offline Patty

• Poster
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 20:51:41 PM »
Rimms

I'm glad you brought htis subject up. We have heard the story, how you  slept with Ronnie. ( under the stars i add) What did you think of the trip. As some of our group fancy a 2 night trip.
Would you recommend or even do it again. ( not the part with sleeping under the stars with Ronnie)

Patty ;)

Offline nelliedeen

DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 21:06:08 PM »
Talking of boat trips, I have been on one today.  Went with son-in- law and 3 grand-kids.  We went down to Cardiff Bay paid £3.00 per adult and £1.50 for the kids. Had a one hour tour around the yacht club, saw all the new yuppie houses and apartments built around the Penarth Marina, where a one bed-flat will cost about £200,000.  Then went out and saw the new barrage which cost about £20,000,000 (I think my figures are right), then back again.  The kids had a good time, but it was nothing like our boat trip we had in July with Ron, Pearl and Cemal.  That boat trip was brill, we had plenty of drinks, food and had ice creams, bought from the visiting speed boat.  We anchored several times just off the uninhabited islands and swam in the clear blue and warm Turkish sea. Can't wait to repeat this boat trip in two weeks time, which cost us about £7.50 each excluding drinks.  I know which trip I think is 'best value'.  Like Rimms said the boat was huge, with plenty of shaded and sunny areas.

Offline Nicky

DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 16:21:24 PM »
I also heard about the Gulet trip with Ronnie and Pearl!!! V. funny!

I went on a Gulet for two nights three days with compass yachting in Fethiye £70- It was a 10 berth and had a mixture of Aussies/Kiwis/brits on board - The cabins are small and hot but it's more fun to sleep on a sunbed under the stars!! The crew were fab the captain thought he was James Bond going off spear fishing with his snorkel and speedos on at night (so we nicknamed him 003.5 as he was a bit short) We danced to Arabic music all night whilst one of the crew played the drum. Played drinking games etc. The boat went as far as Goceck and back to fethiye, mooring in lots of bays along the way, on day two they put the sails up - bliss! The food was excellent -(but could have been a bit more)breakfast,lunch,afternoon tea,and dinner. They do all different lengths of trip and go to different areas - the one to Kas and Kalkan is s'posed to be good.

In case anyone out there has never got round to going, have to mention the gorge at Saklikent as one of my fave places of all! Stunning - if a little cold at first! I love the drive out there through all the villages and stopping for boreck on the way and having lunch on the way back at Yakka Park (trout farm where the tables and chairs are carved into the mountain and the fish swim in a channel carved out of the bar)

Can also reccommend the water taxi for a fab private boat trip - although no sunbathing area!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 16:31:52 PM by Nicky »

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 19:39:12 PM »
Ref Scunners post re Boat Trip at top.(have spoken to him about it)where he says I think you could get it for around £45 for the day, for the boat, we had 6 of us so £7.50
Just a word of warning - the price has been hiked up (by the co-operative 2003)whether you take Earl Grey or not - to £63 for the day including nice food but drinks extra - and as Scunner said a bit costly. But what the heck - you happily pay a couple of quid for a coffee on the M6 - it's just necessity coupled with convenience.

Offline Roy H

• Father of the House
  • Father of the House
DIY Boat trip!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 09:06:33 AM »
Ref Scunners first post in this thread. The couple in question, Sera and Hamza, are running boat No 22 this year. Not sure what the daily cost is this year but will find out in a couple of weeks time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf