Author Topic: Flying Grannies  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Eric

Flying Grannies
« on: August 02, 2007, 13:23:59 PM »
Copy of article in the Olu Deniz Post. My mothers the 89 yr old, Eve O' Donnell, and she wants to fly again on her 90th next year with all the family.
Never too old to try new things is her motto and it keeps her young at heart, hope I will be as active at that age.
No need to say I am really proud of her.
Give it a try its a fantastic experience.

Fi

Super Grannies

80 and 89 Years Old Women Went Paragliding

89 year old Eve O'Donnell who is retired from oil business and her friend 80 year old Pat Edwards flew off from 1900 meters high Babada#287; to Ölüdeniz with parachutes. The onlookers could not help but exclaim: "Super grannies!"

When Eve O'Donnell, who has three children and four grandchildren landed on Belce#287;iz Beach together with the owner of Sky Sports Paragliding, she said, "It's as good as sex. It was a great pleasure."

One of the grannies who flew tandem is Eve O'Donnell from Wales, the other is Pat Edwards who is a Canadian lady in real estate business who has six children, five grandchildren and one grand-grandchild and they went paragliding on their first time in Ölüdeniz, excited by the sight of several parachutes in the sky. They went to Sky Sports Paragliding and after receiving brief information about the flight, they went on to flying with pilots Onur Erta#351; and Murat Tüzer. The flight took approximately 35 minutes, during which the ladies talked with their relatives with a walkie-talkie. When they landed 89 year old Eve O'Donnell said that the flight was amazing. She thanked her pilot and said that it was one of the happiest times of her life. She said she wants to fly again some time. Pilot Murat Tüzer was also pleased with his passenger saying that it was a very comfortable flight and the super granny was not afraid at all.  

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Flying Grannies
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 13:39:30 PM »
That is brilliant.  You have every reason to be proud of her.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Flying Grannies
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 13:46:15 PM »
Bless her...far too scary for me!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Flying Grannies
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 15:56:03 PM »
:DBrilliant, I love it. ;)

Share me