Author Topic: A grievance  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« on: August 20, 2007, 20:11:48 PM »
I was going to leave this, but in light of recent posts, have decided that I should air what I consider to be a genuine my grievance.

Recently I had a post entitled "Updated Cludeo" deleted from Other Websites, Jokes and Fenlanders Crap. I have refrained from posting the picture here, but basically it showed three cludeo cards - one of Michael Barrymore, one of a sex toy and one of a swimming pool.

I was not even given the courtesy of a reason, it was just summarily
deleted.

Now I assume it was delete because of it's "adult" nature. Now if accept that, how is it that the following posts were allowed.

Rectum Stretcher
NEVER tell a woman she can't cook
These are real trees.

I would be grateful for an explanation and for other members views on what I consider to be total inconsistency.

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 21:08:11 PM »
My guess by your desciption was  because there was a person inolved

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 21:28:22 PM »
I didnt see your post H, but cant think there is anything funny about mr Barrymore a sex toy and a swimming pool. especially as the case is still going through the courts and parents are fighting for justice.
The these are real trees thread was pictures of real trees, yes some parts of the trees looked like willies, but hardly p0rnography.
Willy on a barbecue, do you really think that was bad?

Kids today know more about the human anatomy than we ever did, and are far more comfortable with it than their parents are today.

Tink

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 21:40:05 PM by tinkerman »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 21:34:54 PM »
Thank you for the reply Tink. I'll wait for other members views before responding.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 21:43:33 PM »
Ok fair play H, I would also be interested to see other peoples views myself, I could be wrong.

Tink ;)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 21:51:52 PM »
 8)But the Willy on the barbeque was a real image of a Willy, and they were no black puddings attatched to it.
    Personally I did'nt like that post either, I dont know what the response was to it.
   I did'nt mind the trees, they were funny,
   And as far as Barrymore goes if you hav'nt heard a joke about that before now, you must have been on another planet, I've had loads on my mobile and my guess is so have many others.
But I do see the point about it being a real person, another case of one mans meat, and not on the barbi. ;)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
A grievance
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 21:53:08 PM »
H
This may suprise you, but could it be that it wasn`t funny. :D

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 21:54:18 PM »
Seen it before it got deleted John and, I must admit, I thought it was a bit inappropriate.  

Poor taste? Yes.  Amusing? Yes (depending on your sense of humour!).  But suitable for on here? No.

JF

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
A grievance
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 22:30:13 PM »
Can't comment as I didn't see it either H but there is an adult jokes section for this sort of thing.
:D
Anne
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 22:36:50 PM by Anne »

Offline fletch

A grievance
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 18:09:51 PM »
I think Anne has hit the nail on the head, my post may have been better placed in the adult section. This may have been bad judgement on my side and for that I will apologise.

The point raised about real people is a good one, I too Laffa have had many texts of jokes regarding real people, only those joke pay reference to today's issues like, 'Maddie' and 'Mike Reid' etc. Sick? yes of course but people are different and do not necessarily share the same sense of humour. I would not attempt to post such so called 'jokes' so I think that the real people argument, would stand with me.

I for one found the 'Tree' post mesmerising and amazing, it was funny and artistic and not at all disturbing.

As for the BBQ picture, you should see what I serve up!! ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf