Author Topic: The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread  (Read 62999 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The "I Bought in Turkey & I am Happy I Did" Thread
« on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »
I'm hearing only bad news on Radio CBF :-\

With most people I am hoping to see a positive conclusion to cef's problem, but most purchases DO end up with a most happy result.

Bad news does cause more publicity than good, and it would be nice to show newcomers that this is the exception, not the rule - before we kill the industry!

In order to redress the balance, to give a real, balanced reflection, I commend "I bought in Turkey & I am Happy" to the CBF House...

Who's first :D

Offline jwood

• Nottingham, UK
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:43:27 AM »
Me !
Very happy, bought 2004 without a hitch.

Offline joan

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »
Me to bought in 2001 had no problems

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »
Yep me too.. bought in 2001 no hitches

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:53:45 AM »
We are - we bought in 2005 and are thrilled to bits with it, very smooth transaction. :D

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »
Yes we bought an appartment in 2006 and have been very happy with the whole process. The property was one of Tufans and our agents were Tulip Properties who are still very helpful to us if we need them.
We are delighted with our purchase.
Heather x

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
Bought in 2004 through Cenk and Olga everything went smooth have sold that one and bought a new one on Capricorn best thing we ever did buying in Turkey

Offline farry

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
We bought in 2006 through Mete at Golden Moon estates.  Highly delighted.  Tapu arrived after 4 months. Now looking forward to the time when we can come out and spend more time there.

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:33:59 AM »
Over 99% of sales go through without a hitch. Just be extremely careful that you buy through an agent that comes highly recommended. They should know which builders should be avoided i.e. - those who are a bit dodgy, have poor build quality or who because they are such large companies think they are above any laws & insist on building properties where they shouldn't (eg. on tourist land) - which could, in the future, come back & bite their purchasers.

We bought back in 2003. No problems except we do wish we'd realised before we purchased that we'd want to move to Turkey full-time. Love the properties (yes we bought more than 1) & love the location but with hindsight wish we'd bought just one large property preferably in the same location.

The sad thing is although the great majority of sales go through without a hitch & 99% of the people who have bought are more than happy with their purchases it's the ones with problems that everyone remembers.

Please note - if you were thinking of buying - that Cefs' topic we are all trying to keep in the public eye - primarily in the hope that this leads to a satisfactory resolution for her plus it might stop others falling into the same trap. We also hope to embarrass the slimebags involved & cause them some of the grief, upset that they have caused others.

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »
Yes we are all thinking of Cef and others in this situation and I agree we must keep the link alive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf