Author Topic: new member  (Read 1507 times)

Offline kymm monkhouse

« on: July 20, 2008, 14:56:52 PM »

hi everyone im kymm, i live in billericay essex, ive joined the forum because i love turkey...i have friends in tasayaka fethiye....one day i would love to move there but its just having the guts to do it..has anyone taken the chance? any regrets? any joys??? id be gratful if you would share your experiences...thanks kymm

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 15:10:53 PM »
Hi kymm
Welcome to the forum
I think you`ll find one or two members on here who have taken the chance.   :D

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 16:40:56 PM »
Hi Kymm and welcome to the forum, it doesn't take guts, life is what you make it whether it's in England or Turkey, i'm in Manchester at the mo, going back August 11th, i've no regrets about moving, it's a bit harder going back this time, cos when i first moved over i was also getting away from a situation i was in, whereas this time life is a lot happier, and i'm seeing my family a lot more, we all have our lives to live, and i choose to live mine in Calis, i'll go to England for holidays, but definitely not for 4 months next time. Alan. Only 3 weeks to go, YES

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 17:02:17 PM »
Hi Kymm, and a warm welcome to the forum. Just like you, I love Turkey and long for the day that I can move there, I have taken half of the plunge by buying an apartment in Deliktas (neighbours Tasayaka) in preparation to do just that. I have spoken with many ex pats in Fethiye that have moved there permanantly, and I haven't heard one of them say that they regret it - sometimes you just gotta go with your heart, or you may end up saying 'what if', or 'if only'. Good luck with whatever you decide  8)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 18:17:01 PM »
kymm a warm welcome i can't wait to take the plunge just waiting for my pensions and the housing market to improve or a win on the lottery

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 18:26:16 PM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum.  We made the choice to move here several years ago and we have not had a single regret.  Life here is as good as you care to make it. :)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 18:47:06 PM »
Hi Kymm
        Welcome to the forum.You will get plenty of help and encouragement from members on here  :)
                                 The Badgers (also from Essex)  8)

Offline kymm monkhouse

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 21:30:01 PM »
thanks to everyone....number 2 im glad life is better for you now.....also thanks to those that say its better to go for it than say if only..... however sometimes for some people it could be a case of i wish i hadnt!!!!!!

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 22:10:36 PM »
Kymm, you will always get your wish i hads and wish i hadn'ts, but you will never know if you never try, rent an apartment for 6 months, maybe over winter, we all know what it's like over summer, if you like it, stay and see how long before you want to leave, if ever. Alan

Offline Tors__

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:01 AM »
I moved out here 7 weeks ago, absolutely loving it, no regrets... well other than saving up abit harder before i got here!
But hey ho such is life!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf