Author Topic: Things are looking up.  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
Things are looking up.
« on: July 28, 2008, 21:34:38 PM »
I haven't been as active on the ole forum as I have been in the past as I've had a pretty pooy last few months but things seem to looking a little better now. I'm not much a writer but here is how things are.

I won't dwell to much on this bit but I had a funny feeling that the other half was up to no good. The feeling I had turned out to be true so with that she was gone and I've got the house to sell. The house was sold subject to contract twice but fell as the credit crunch started to rear it's ugly head.
Just recently I have been asked by the estate agent to reduce the asking price which I can't because we have only had the place 3 years and there isn't much in the way of equity in it as we have had to borrow a little bit to get things done on the place (its only a 2 bed terrace) So I'm up creak without a paddle.

On top of all this you are trying to come to terms with all the emotional stuff...I'm sure some of you guys have been there.

Anyway, the house just isn't going to sell under the current climate so I'm going to the mortgage compnay to see if my wage will support the mortgage (fingers crossed) I have a lodger lined up to help (which will help with the mortgage) so I'm hoping now that this will fall into place.

Coming to my beloved Fethiye this year was starting to look unrealistic as money is getting really tight. So I thought 'how can earn a bit of extra cash to help pay the ticket?' So a couple of months ago I started selling a few bits and peices on e-bay. The goods news is that I've managed to muster enough dosh to pay for a ticket. I will really have to watch the old spending money and perhaps I won't be able to eat out every night but hey! thats fine, I'll be there and that's all that matters.

And things are getting even better as one of my best friends wants to come with me. It will be his first time in Turkey and I can't wait to show him all the great places in and around Fethiye..Saklikent, Kayakoy, Af Kule......etc

The really funny thing is though is that my mate is gay and I'm straight so that should be interesting when it comes to putting the old sun tan lotion on me back LOL!

So in late Sept, if you see a 2 blokes (one with a Blues top and the other with a pink tight fitting Kylie T shirt) you can probably put money on that its me and him.

Seriously though, he's a top mate of mine and I'm so looking forward to introducing him to Turkey. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf