Author Topic: Hello, Calis Community!  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Aurelia

Hello, Calis Community!
« on: August 05, 2008, 18:15:47 PM »
Hi everybody at Calis! My husband is English, I am Armenian-Russian and we are from Southampton, Hampshire.Just back from the holiday in Calis and Fethye and still under spell of the place!! For the past two years we were looking for holiday home in Spain, France, Croatia and Italy and only after these holidays we realise that Turkey has so much more to offer. I am a part time teacher of IT and a journalist and my husband is an accountant. We have a keen interest in archeology and history of the Mediterranean. Any budding amature archeologists and historians in the Calis and Fethye area? We are looking for a house there and would like to make friends in the local English speaking community. Carina and Brett :)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Hello, Calis Community!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 18:27:33 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Aurelia, I am originally from Poole and spent twenty years working for Newsquest in Southampton (Daily Echo)
We now live in Calis 8)

Tinx ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Hello, Calis Community!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 18:44:03 PM »
Hi Carina and Brett, I am from just outside Southampton, Bishopstoke a small village near Eastleigh, recently we have met quite a few people from Southampton.  Interest in archeology, there is a small museum in Fethiye which is interesting and can while away the time, worth a visit when you next visit.
Enjoy Turkey,

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hello, Calis Community!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 19:45:20 PM »
hi to you both and welcome there is quite a lot of places to see in turkey for budding archeologists

Offline Mr Pickles

Hello, Calis Community!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »
Hi Carina and Brett, welcome to the forum - good luck if you decide to buy your little piece of Turkey  :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hello, Calis Community!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:34 AM »
Hi and a very warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf