Author Topic: Turkish Banks  (Read 7804 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 20:23:30 PM »
Hide it in your underpants then

Offline wickwilly

Turkish Banks
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 20:46:11 PM »
What do you think the order of collapse would be (if it ever happened). I reckon !st Finans, 2nd Seker bank, 3rd Garanti,4th Yapi Kredi
Any bets?

WW

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 20:47:19 PM »
I reckon if it will happen, ING will be in the top 2 [:o]

Offline Wass

Turkish Banks
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »

For your info just received following from Yapi

'We appreciate your interest shown toward Yapi Kredi Internet Banking.

In Turkey only the 50.000 Turkish Liras of your individual current account is under warranty per person.This guarantee includes time deposit accounts that is used for individual transactions,not for commercial transactions.

For detailed information please call Yapi Kredi Call Center from + 90 212 444 0 444 and press 9 for English.

Regards,
Yapi ve Kredi Bankasi A.Þ.'

Offline Jamieo

Turkish Banks
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2008, 22:10:29 PM »
Hi All,

It is all well and good Yapi Kredi saying that, but the banks could quite easily rule out foreign nationals from their guarantees!

I would be very careful about investing money in Turkish Banks.

The Turkish property market is also very dodgy at the moment. Some say it is a good time to buy property with prices so low. My view differs to this. Property prices across Europe have dropped, especially Spain. They are still buidling property in Spain with a view to stock piling it. In a few years there will be a lot of spanish property released on to the market at very silly prices. You will be able to buy a proprty in Spain for very similar if not lower prices than Turkey. When you also factor in the cost of flights, Spain will be a more attractive proposition for English buying abroad. Don't get me wrong, I hate Spain and what it represents, but, most English are like sheep and will simply follow the flock.

Turkey has so much more going for it and it is ashame that every year something happens that seesm to deter tourists. This year, I thought that due to the strength of the Euro, Turkey should prosper. However, the YTL rate dropped to circa 2.06, meaning of course that the exchange rate was as unfavourable as the Euro!

Cheers Guys,

Jamie

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 07:45:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

I reckon if it will happen, ING will be in the top 2 [:o]

That's it then when I am out in 2 weeks I am moving my 300YTL (yes 300)- not because they could fall but because I just want them to pay my Electricity DD and they won't they just say "Problem"

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Turkish Banks
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2008, 08:01:19 AM »
If i have 5 time deposit accounts with 5 different banks, with 45,000ytl in each, are all 5 guaranteed. Alan

Offline khan.cross

Turkish Banks
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:29 AM »
Turkish banks are working quite serious
If you put money for save in YTL, you will get also good interests/comission on it.

But search for big bank such as Yapi Kredi Garanti is Bankasi and Ziraat Bankasi.

Offline banker

Turkish Banks
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2008, 14:17:41 PM »
Why dont you visit me then?  :)

Offline cenk

Turkish Banks
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 14:53:38 PM »
I dont think something will happen to Turkish banks , but of course can not be sure . Most guaranteed saving method is to buy "Hazine Bonosu" , Government Bond . Interests maybe a little lower but worth for peace of mind. Or maybe half Government Bond and half bank account.
Cenk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf