Author Topic: Chap Lurking  (Read 4138 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 21:55:36 PM »
Puma

It wasn't even made in Turkey and the Turkish actors weren't Turkish! The film shows shocking homosexual rape, biting off tongues and finally the American (who's account the film came from) murdering the head guard. None of these happened in the original written account.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 22:00:35 PM »
i know all that scunno i am just posting i thought it a good film

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 22:02:20 PM »
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story eh  ;)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 22:41:03 PM »
whatever:D

Offline minxer

Chap Lurking
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:02 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by moggy

Be careful at ATM,s especially late at night.We met a young couple last week ,who had their card stolen in Calis at one of the ATM,s.It seems that there was one to the right that was clocking the PIN and another to the left that distracted them appearing to be trying to help them with the Turkish symbols.When the card and money came out they snatched both,this was about 11:50 pm and to make matters worse they used the card again after midnight,they only found this out after contacting the bank to cancel the card.It was their first time in Turkey and they were very down over the whole episode,we tried to lift them a bit and explained that generally it,s a safer place than the UK and that they had been extremely unlucky.

not unlike the scam i posted a couple of weeks ago, be vigilant at the atm,s just the same as we are at home in the uk!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:59:09 AM by minxer »

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:44 AM »
I know this topic is not about Midnight Express, but I am so glad Scunner put that, as funny enough I watched the film Wednesday night (thought I would have a bit of Turkey) and funnily enough I noticed at the end it said this film was made on location in Malta this left me feeling a little confused and somewhat cheated thinking I have not been looking at Turkey but Malta!

Offline tiddly winks

Chap Lurking
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 15:55:06 PM »
I'm gonna have look this film up now!

Just remembered when I sat on the balcony outside my room, there was a guy who walked up and down the road, leading from the Dawn Beach hotel up to the hotel at the other end.

Really quiet road and not much going on so it did look suspicious.

Offline yasemin3

Chap Lurking
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 22:47:17 PM »
episode,we tried to lift them a bit and explained that generally it,s a safer place than the UK and that they had been extremely unlucky.
[/quote]

I must say that I don't agree with the 'safer the the UK' opinion. Whether or not statistics show this it remains a fact that many people have had quite bad experiences. Perhaps I stay in a nicer bit of the UK, I don't know, but my apartment in Calis has been broken into twice this year (in spite of the addition of iron bars after the first incident)we made the mistake of only putting them at the back in an attempt to minimise the risk without turning our apartment into a cage. The play park had a flasher in it at the beginning of the summer - reported to Police and they moved the guy on (he was old and drunk). I have been followed by a man (whilst pushing my baby in her buggy during the afternoon), he made an attempt to strike up conversation in fairly basic English and when I spoke to him in Turkish he ran away! (Not sure of his intentions but I was not comfortable with his approach). My neighbours have all had either attempted or actuall break -ins, some happening when they were in bed at night and others when thay have been out. I have never experienced anything like this in the UK, maybe I'm lucky, but I don't have daily conversations with people who have experienced this intense level of attack on their property either. It is my fear now that someone will be hurt badly, because if someone comes into my property in the night when my kids are asleep, they should expect me to protect mine. All of these are events experienced by myself and not gossip as has been assumed of the comments of others in some of the comments.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Chap Lurking
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 22:58:59 PM »
Yasmine, where do you live?

Offline yasemin3

Chap Lurking
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 23:17:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerman

Yasmine, where do you live?

I live in  the UK at present. I've lived mainly in Central Scotland and more recently in the south of England. Nowhere special, just ordinary places. Why do you ask - are you going to chap my door to prove me wrong?? :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf