Author Topic: Visa Runs - Tax Free/Duty Free and food products  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Linda

Visa Runs - Tax Free/Duty Free and food products
« on: October 10, 2009, 14:15:51 PM »
Having just returned from a visa trip to Rhodes, via Marmaris, I can confirm that we experienced no problems bringing in bottles of spirits, purchased both in Duty Free and Tax free shops, as well as meat and dairy products etc.

We were on an overnight stay and had a large suitacse between 2 of us, our friends had a trolley holdall, both of which were full. Our bags were opened on return to Marmaris but were not emptied or searched thoroughly. It appeared that all they were doing was making sure the bags weren't completely full with contraband goods.

You can purchase up to 10 bottles of spirits in the shops in Rhodes town and the shops do display these limits. These are tax paid and not duty paid. Just make sure that you keep all your receipts to show proof of purchase. You can also bring back bottles,cigarettes etc. purchased from the Duty Free shops in either Rhodes or Turkey - within the usual duty free guidelines. You cannot however purchase them on entry and departure.

I am not sure why Meis in comparison to Rhodes is A. so expensive compared and B. so restrictive in what you can bring back [?]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 15:14:00 PM by Linda »

Offline christygee

Visa Runs - Tax Free/Duty Free and food products
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 14:27:53 PM »
my friends bought in thetax free shops in rhodes and had the lot taken off them. they said the allowance is 1 bottle spirits and 200 cigs in rhodes duty free and 2 bottles and 600 cigs in marmaris ferry dutyfree.they told the customs man they paid the tax and he said it only applys to eu countrys.there was a big argument so the customs said they would not be allowed to go to rhodes from marmaris ever again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf