Author Topic: airflights.co.uk  (Read 1778 times)

Offline miaspyro

airflights.co.uk
« on: May 12, 2010, 09:25:20 AM »
have very cheap returns on last minute bookings have booked a return from gatwick to Dalaman for one week £81.50, they operate from all major airports not just gatwick and Manchester.

Offline sunlover

airflights.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 14:38:37 PM »
Great price!!!

shame we are all booked...

sunlover

Offline julesbob0303

airflights.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 19:27:35 PM »
Had a call from airflights.co.uk today amending our daughter's booking, from 5th August to two days earlier, on 3rd August. This date is no good at all to her.  The times are also very unsociable (!) and, as she's an 18 year old travelling for the first time on her own, I don't really like the thought of her hanging about at Dalaman airport during the early hours of the morning (which is why we chose the original flights with much better times).

Does anyone know if we are entitled to a refund as the amendment is 48 hours different to our original booking?  I've tried to ring them, but, after holding on for flipping ages, I've given up!  :(

This is the second time we have had problems with airflights - last October they "amended" our flight from our local airport (Bristol) to Manchester, over four hours drive away!  We eventually accepted the flight as it was that, or nothing!  After much letter-writing, they eventually compensated us with £60 - it had cost us much more than that in petrol and parking costs, and numerous telephone calls back and fore, including numerous ones from them whilst we were in Turkey during the summer, at a cost to me of 30p per minute to receive!

Miaspyro - hope your flight is on the correct day and time, and not amended!  I'm sure we've just been unlucky!  :( 8)[:(!] :o

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
airflights.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 20:12:32 PM »
What ever you do Julie do not accept the amendment and then change your mind after! We did that last December when our flights were changed from Dalaman to Bodrum I accepted the change then found a flight still going to Dalaman, we were then not entitled to a refund! At the moment you are probably entitled to a full refund as you can say the changes are just not suitable for your daughter travelling alone. Good luck.

Offline julesbob0303

airflights.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 20:26:15 PM »
Thanks for the advice Karen.  Have just emailed them asking for a full refund, but, having read through their booking conditions, it looks like a refund is totally at their discretion.

Will let you know how we get on.  At the moment, there are cheaper flights with flythomascook, though I don't want to book them, until I know airflights will give us a refund.  I'm really p'd off, as we have booked boat trips, turkish baths etc for the week Emily is due to be over with us.  We stand to lose another £40+ if we can't cancel those as well.

So much for being organised and booking in advance!!!  Sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up with you last week.  Didn't get to the Sundial either on our last day as it was fully booked.  I was gutted!!  Looked forward to it so much.  :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
airflights.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 21:22:00 PM »
Julie,

You need to look at this page and click on the company your flight is with. It should tell you what to expect with regard to cancellations/alteration. Two days is a major change and you should get your money back. However airflights will not refund the £6 per person they charge as admin fee.

http://www.airflights.co.uk/help/booking/oprconditions/flights/

Offline julesbob0303

airflights.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 23:12:26 PM »
Thanks Stoop.

Eventually got to speak to someone yesterday, after holding on for ages again.  We stand to lose almost £30 which is a lot of money on a single booking.  I stood my ground and demanded all my money back but he wasn't having any of it.  In the end, I agreed that I would speak to someone to see if the flight could be changed to a better alternative.  He transferred me - and I was immediately put back on hold again!  I had to put the phone down in the end, as I was fed up of waiting.

I have emailed them again and told them I want a full refund and to cancel the flight, as it is a major change, and just not suitable.  That was yesterday afternoon - still waiting for a reply!

Offline littlereddevil

airflights.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 06:28:15 AM »
Anytime this happens to me and they ask if I want to cancel the flight I always say no it is YOU who is cancelling the flight.
I have never lost any money and have always had a full refund.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:29:24 AM by littlereddevil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf