Author Topic: Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!  (Read 5154 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 13:25:21 PM »
Funny hillside - we did the same thing by mistake with A1. Last time I book through them without ringing and checking flight operators first.

Offline hillside

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 14:03:27 PM »
I did check the Onur website and was confident as they didnt appear there - thats because I think they never did exist at that time! I should have realised with the return flight times they were a Turkish Airline - I could/should kick myself. Oh well maybe it'll be a positive experience! LOL!!

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 17:25:51 PM »
I posted earlier complimenting Aegean and feel that I must add my comments on Onur Air.
As I said earlier we have been using them for a number of years (twice each year) and have never had any reason to complain.
There have been changes in flight times, there have been delays but these irritations are common to all operators.
Some years ago we had a delay of 26 hours and a change of airport from Glasgow to Manchester with a British carrier.
Add to this a lot of shorter delays again by British carriers.
In earlier years Onur Air cabin staff did appear a little distant but I think this was due to language difficulties as it was a new market for them.
Our latest flight was on 10 June, OHY3618 from Glasgow, was good apart from the 6 drunken male passengers who the cabin staff arranged to have removed on arrival at Dalaman.
The all female cabin staff handled the problem very well.
The return flight on 24th OHY3617 was uneventful and as there were a few vacant seats passengers were allowed to spread out.
I am above average height and a stewardess told me there was a seat with extra legroom available if I wanted it.
Flying Onur Air is not exactly roughing it, the cost of drink/food is easily overcome.
For the price of the flight what can be expected?
They get me to Calis for around 60% of the cost of a European carrier.
Long may they prosper.

Offline Steve A

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 17:54:34 PM »
Used them for past 4 yrs 2 -3 times a year never a problem.What I want is something to get me A-B in one piece,not bothered about the frills.My hols start when I land anyway.Fly Britis Airways for work yes,newer planes,slightly more leg room but still a flying bus !

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 19:16:16 PM »
i find onur great to fly with i use them 3/4 times a year

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 01:51:29 AM »
John H, Steve A and Puma I am totally with you. We all know that Stoop has knocked Onur since they began. If he lightened up he could have as many holidays as me :D:D:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

John H, Steve A and Puma I am totally with you. We all know that Stoop has knocked Onur since they began. If he lightened up he could have as many holidays as me :D:D:D

We have plenty of holidays thanks! We used Onur this year by mistake and it was due to price that I booked them. However after the debacle of checking in at both ends and the lack of comfort on the flight we both said we would rather pay an extra £50 each and go with another carrier.

Offline hillside

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 08:55:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by John H

Our latest flight was on 10 June, OHY3618 from Glasgow, was good apart from the 6 drunken male passengers who the cabin staff arranged to have removed on arrival at Dalaman.
The all female cabin staff handled the problem very well.

Do Onur not have to take some responsibility for this? If they were drunk at Glasgow they shouldnt have let them on and if they got drunk on the flight they should have stopped serving them! Last time we flew back with Onur 2 Australian guys were sat in the emergency exit row. The staff supplied them with plastic cups and ice throughout the flight so they could drink their duty free purchased at Dalaman! By the time we arrived at Gatwick they couldnt open an eye lid let alone the emergency exit!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »
My guess is they got drunk in the airport - who could afford to get pi££ed on Onur flight at their prices?

On a serious note - you are spot on Hillside. The cabin crew only appear when it's time to sell you something.

Offline littlereddevil

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »
When we flew out from Glasgow a couple of months ago one guy was drunk and abusive to other passengers. ( TC )
When we arrived at Dalaman we had to sit on the plane for absolutely ages until the police came and took him off. We then got off and when we got through passport control there he was wandering about looking at the shops ! They didn't do a thing !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf