Author Topic: Annoyed  (Read 3383 times)

Offline nuttybird

Annoyed
« on: August 12, 2010, 15:10:01 PM »
Just having a little rant.. We fly out to Turkey on Friday 3rd September, received our tickets through the post yesterday (fly thomas cook) and the tickets come with all this bumf about what Thomas Cook do not do anymore and you cant do this or that, there is now no inflight entertainment (films) on flights under 7 hours, which i find terrible, they said its due to a customer survey, and customers not wanting the onboard film?! And this will be the first year that ive not booked extra legroom because of the sheer price of it (im 6ft, with absurdly long legs :0)) , so im worrying about being squashed up for 4 hours and now no film to keep my mind of it! Grrrr... rant over!  :)

Offline Christie

Annoyed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 16:05:30 PM »
We flew with Thomas Cook in June and because we didn't pay extra for 'sitting together' they just allocated seats for us - we usually just ask for two aisle seats - but the checking in desk lady said we had no choice in the matter as our seats were already allocated.  This left my 6' husband very scrunched up, although to be fair, once on the plane he was moved to an aisle seat.   It would seem that if you don't pay extra either for food or sitting together they dump you where they like.  I must admit it was not a comfortable flight but it went on time.

Offline nuttybird

Annoyed
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 16:13:29 PM »
Exactly Christie, im just not looking forward to it at all, as far as im concerned going to the airport and the flight is (of course) the start of your hols and should be an enjoyable experience but im dreading it, I know its only 4 hours and once im in Turkey I will be happy, but its just the thought of it! Ive not paid to have our seats allocated either, as I wanted to keep the flights to a minimum price (we paid £225) which was the cheapest I could find out of Stansted, so god knows where me and the fella will be sitting! Grrr..

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Annoyed
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 16:49:07 PM »
We didn't pay extra for seats with Onur this year. We turned up 3 hours before the flight and asked very nicely if we could sit together. Not a problem although I guess it might have been if everyone has pre-booked seats. Sat together both ways and we were told by forum members that 2 people together have a good chance of sitting together.

Seats as tight and as uncomfortable as I've experienced which now seams the norm for short haul flights - pack 'em in like sardines and sell more seats.

FTC certainly receive some stick on airline quality for lack of legroom, delays and poor staff. Poor safety is rarely mentioned though.

Remember though that most people who leave feedback do so because they have had a bad experience. Those who have a good one very rarely bother.

Have a good trip and a great time  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Annoyed
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 16:49:20 PM »
I doubt it has anything to do with those customer surveys. Anyway, who does these onboard surveys? People who aren't watching in in-flight movie of course - the results would be dubious to say the least. Can't you get your mate Ray Winston to duff em up? :D

Offline nuttybird

Annoyed
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 16:53:18 PM »
thats a great idea Scunner , Im going to pop into his tonight and ask him ;0) (Oh I wish) *Swoons* ha ha. Your right though its the people that dont watcht the inflight entertainment that answer these bloody surveys and then ruin it for the rest of us. Stoop your also right re FTC and the stick they get. I know its only 4 hours but our flight is 22.55pm so a night flight when you want to get some shut eye, but cant because your legs are around your ears! (through being packed in like sardines.. nothing else before anyone says anything lol)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Annoyed
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 17:14:22 PM »
I can wrap my ears round my legs but not the other way:D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 17:14:35 PM by stoop »

Offline ekud

Annoyed
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 17:44:02 PM »
We went on a thomas cook flight in july,large plane 2-4-2 seats did have in flight movie,asked the air hostess if they were now putting movies back on,told us it was only on the larger planes,had to buy new earphones as i'd taken mine out of my bag as when we'd travelled in may told no more movies.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Annoyed
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 20:33:43 PM »
Extra legroom seats on Flyglobespan were £15.00 each, each way, total £60.00.  T.C. are £30.00 each total £120.00!!! what rip off merchants T.C. are.

Offline nuttybird

Annoyed
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 15:03:34 PM »
It is a total rip off isnt it Jacqui, I couldnt get over the Extra Legroom prices this year thats why i refused to pay, just now the fella will have to put up with my moaning for 4 hours! ha ha poor him!  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf