Author Topic: Annoyed  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Jenny1

Annoyed
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 16:26:10 PM »
Not had good experiences with TC the last 3 times I have flew with  them, delayed about 4 hours each time coming home, will not fly with them again, only as a last resort!
Saying that, with all the 'odd' reports on flights recently, and companies going bust, we may not have a choice! :(
I find flying very boring anyway, I am the most grumpest person EVER when I am delayed-even worse when you are travelling alone, there is only so much walking around Dalaman you can do! :-\

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Annoyed
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 17:01:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nuttybird

It is a total rip off isnt it Jacqui, I couldnt get over the Extra Legroom prices this year thats why i refused to pay, just now the fella will have to put up with my moaning for 4 hours! ha ha poor him!  :)

We have booked two aisle seats opposite each other, which means we will not be stuck in the middle or up against a window, at least you can get up and down easily and stretch your legs.:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Annoyed
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 17:21:18 PM »
We had a problem when checking in (almost first in the queue) at Dalaman - Steph and my bookings they had on their screen, but not the kids. They were all booked together and strangely they couldn't find the kids on their screen at Manchester on the way out. This was FTC.

Anyway, at Dalaman the problem was resolved by checking us in to row 1 which I guess they must save for such things. Very nice too, lots of legroom, shoes kicked off, floor absolutely soaking wet! You can never have it all can you :D

Offline Julesp

Annoyed
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 17:40:47 PM »
I had paid for my son, his girlfriend and her 4 year old son to prebook seats when they came over recently. The reason being was because the girlfriend and her son had never flown before and were nervous, so I wanted to ensure they sat together. Anyway when I tried to book the seats online I was being asked to pay again so instead I contacted customer services who booked the seats for me.
Got confirmation E mail etc So no worries.
When they checked in at Manchester with a copy of confirmation etc they were told they hadnt been booked on the seats given and had to accept seats 2 rows apart. Thomas Cook refuse to apologise or give a refund because my son did not think to keep their boarding cards, TC insists on these in a dispute of this kind appparently.
Anyhow I give up with them and hopefully will never have to use them again as this is not the 1st time they have messed up my bookings.

Offline hubblebubble

Annoyed
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
As TC seem to treat the whole four hours as a non stop pressurised sales pitch to a captive audience, I think they feel inflight entertainment is an unnecessary and expensive distraction, without which you will have little choice but to listen to their constant selling and be bored enough to spend with them.
Pack earplugs to foil them and take up yoga so you can deal with their seating.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Annoyed
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 18:16:03 PM »
Loz and I flew out to Dalaman with Pegasus in May, loads of legroom, on a 737!! Must have a different seat configuration. Came home 8 weeks later with T.C. I like a window seat, and enjoyed watching the sun-rise 'chasing' us all the way back to the U.K. but had my knees around my neck for most of the flight, and we had a fat guy in the aisle seat who snored like a horse all the way, (until he got woke up by the sunlight streaming through the window), asked me to shut window blind, he got told to go back to sleep, and stop annoying people, I was VERY diplomatic!!: :): :):D
Back on thread, Pegasus no problem, T.C----.crap!!
Gordy.
P.S. if that fat guy is reading this, B@LL@cks ANYWAY!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 18:18:07 PM by GordonA »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Annoyed
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 21:05:00 PM »
It's great you have a choice Gordy, wish we did too.  We can choose TC or TC!!!
Incidentally, when I booked our next flight on-line I was informed it would be £5.00 for credit card payments.  I agreed and went ahead.  I booked for my husband and me.  The totally c.card charge was £10.00!!  So even though it's one transaction they charge per person.. Good job I was not booking for six people.

Offline Jenny1

Annoyed
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 21:47:23 PM »
Gordy i flew with Pegasus in June for 1st time, and I thought they were brilliant! Loads of legroom and no hard sell-Ive booked with them for this Sept, hopefully i will still be flying with them-and every time in the future, TC will be my last resort!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Annoyed
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 22:19:04 PM »
I'm really looking forward to a nice quiet flight without any bloody stupid films being shown.:D ;):D

Offline tiddly winks

Annoyed
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 22:49:40 PM »
I've found with Onur Air that they're usually nice about seating arrangements too. Just not keen on the amount of leg room on offer, especially if the guy behind you is tall and his knees are digging into your back.
Flights to me always seem to go quickly on the way to a destination anyway, could be the excitement that does it. As for on the way back, well it just draags. Didn't help the man sat next to the tall guy had the same whispering voice as Brian Blessed [xx(]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf