Author Topic: Tailor's in Calis  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Tailor's in Calis
« on: August 23, 2010, 18:26:34 PM »
Went to the little tailor's shop in Calis just up from the taxi rank to get my favourite shorts repaired, absolutly brilliant 5 lira for a button sewn on and a new zip and were ready three hours after taking them in, lovely friendly Turkish man who did not want the extra two lira tip but I insisted as was so pleased with the service, a really handy place for repairs.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Tailor's in Calis
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 19:56:33 PM »
We have a Turkish guy who opened a shop in Peterhead (Scotland) about 3 years ago.  It just cost me £30.00 to have a hem on a evening dress... I am stunned and now will not go back, even though I practice my Turkish with him.  After reading this, will bring my alterations over with me.

Offline Julesp

Tailor's in Calis
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 21:46:42 PM »
Whereabouts near the Taxis exactly please? Ive seen a tailor advertised next to Orient hotel would it be there? Ive been using a turkish lady who works from home in Fethiye She is good and very cheap too But I moved to Calis from Deliktas this year and still dont know everything here, this tailor may be good for me for quick repairs, thanks

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Tailor's in Calis
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 22:58:11 PM »
If you walk down from the Nicholas Homes office carry on down to where there is a little Turkish cafe or where Turkish men sit outside drinking cay, it is next door to there but set back from the road, it does not look much at all but the chap was lovely and so far my old faithful shorts are holding up well, I was really chuffed with the service and the price and I too like Jacqui will take stuff from UK that needs repairs to him.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf