Author Topic: Praise for Turk Telecom  (Read 1557 times)

Offline LeeGlo

Praise for Turk Telecom
« on: October 01, 2010, 13:05:34 PM »

It's just coming up to 2 years since we got our phone line and internet package with Turk Telecom. On Tuesday, no internet, we had a very dead modem. The tech service chap said try a new power cable, which we did, so definitely the modem.

It's an AirTies which came with the package so off we went to Turk Telecom to see if we could buy another. They said it was still in gaurantee so we should get a fault/returns number from Airties and send it to them. We looked blank so the chap said he would call them and TT would send it back for us.

How long would it take we asked - up to 30 days was the answer.
Oh no !! we can't be without internet that long we said, so he sent us downstairs to see a nice lady who loaned us her old modem until ours comes back, she even directed us to a chap in a small hut at the back who set it up, so all we had to do was plug it in. We thought that was really good of them - 5 star service. Thanks TT.   :)

Offline maximumtom

Praise for Turk Telecom
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 16:23:13 PM »
Just the opposite for me.  No internet. Tried unplugging wires and rebooting - no joy. engineer arrived - said modem problem and i had to take it to Telecom. I did this and was told I had to send it away - no offer to do it for me.I was told that the postage would be free. Did as I was told. Next day had text saying that package was not delivered because recipient would not pay. Went into Fethiye and paid.  My modem was free with my package so I asked Telecom for a replacement whilst mine was repaired. No go - come and see the man tomorrow.  Tomorrow, man not there, come and see him tomorrow. Next day man there, said ok, go downstaire and see girl. No go. Tapu in my name, I pay monthly charge but ADSL is in sister's name ( she did this for me while my residence visa was being processed and she hasn't been to visit me from Cesme since so I haven't been able to change it).  I pay 82.50 TL per month for a top service. I have been without the internet for 6 days now and there seems no prospect of being restored soon. I don't think this is good service. In the UK the engineer would have had a spare modem in the van and changed it on the spot. When I queried why they wouldn't lend me a replacement until mine was fixed they said that as the ADSL was not in my name I might pinch the modem.  See the Rindaloo jokes = I have just expended 150 calories by banging my head against the wall. I am on the computer in the Shamrock, just in case you wonder.

Offline LeeGlo

Praise for Turk Telecom
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 20:07:17 PM »
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get any help. We must have caught them on a good day. Perhaps we just looked so helpless that they took pity on us. We were willing to actually buy a new one from them, didn't know it was still in gaurantee until they told us.
Hope you get a working modem back soon. I'm told by a friend that they have some for sale in Kipa, no idea what kind though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf