Author Topic: the beanbags on the beach  (Read 4886 times)

Offline fethiyeflo

the beanbags on the beach
« on: March 13, 2011, 20:57:57 PM »
have gone,so has the little hut that served the drinks ,not a sunbed in sight
i remember reading a story in the paper about how olu deniz beach was rented out but the rent was never paid (not sure if its true or not)
so i wonder whats happening here

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 21:25:29 PM »
the hut was destroyed in the storm on december 16th .. the guy that had the sunbeds and bean bags lost a lot of them in the same storm and closed down ... just mother nature at her best/worst depending on how you look at it.!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 21:27:59 PM by brianthegardener »

Offline fethiyeflo

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 07:55:44 AM »
no they was there after the storm because we sat there drinking coffee a couple of days later

Offline leahjade

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »
been told a few things.... because of the change in alcohol regulations- the bean bag cafe were unable to sell alcohol so packed up and went. also told it has been leased to other people... who knows... was a very cool place in winter but in my opinion pricey and bad service in summer.... im sure the closure of this place will benefit many of the other bars and resaturants along the beach front now.

Offline fethiyeflo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 12:47:03 PM »
yes thats what we said gives other bars a chance, it was good the 1st year and then service went down hill
i did hear its not going to be there this year but i wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same

Offline Eric

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 16:39:55 PM »
Its not a case of give the other bars a chance, the 'Bean bag Restaurant' was illegal.  It was financed by some not very legal people (gangsters, mafia, call them what you like) they set up a few years ago and the local bars and restaurants complained (friends of ours own a couple of restaurants on the front) but to no avail, draw your own conclusions.  They complained every year that they were illegal, no permissions, too close to/on the beach etc etc.  Perhaps the recent clamp down on illegal builds has caught them too.  I hope so!

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 08:31:10 AM »
We were told that restaurants are not actually allowed on the beach. I remember many many years ago there were proper restaurants on the beach but they all got closed eventually.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »
I for one am really disappointed the `bean bags` wont be there this year :(  I  / we ,and my grown up children when they visit often used to enjoy a drink sitting on the bean bags  at sunset listening to the lovely ambient chill out music.  I will miss it :-\

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 09:11:19 AM »
I agree the beanbags were great especially if you wanted a comfortable spell on the beach but didn't want to hire a sunbed and brolly.   II don't know the ins and outs of legal / illegal but if the bars back on the strip could provide bean bags and service them from their main bars it might be an opportunity ?

Offline Eric

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by slartibartfast

I agree the beanbags were great especially if you wanted a comfortable spell on the beach but didn't want to hire a sunbed and brolly.   II don't know the ins and outs of legal / illegal but if the bars back on the strip could provide bean bags and service them from their main bars it might be an opportunity ?

They can't, anything on the footpaths between the beach and the bars is illegal.  Friends who own one of the popular restaurants there want to knock down and rebuild their restaurant and turn it into a boutique hotel plus bars and restaurants.  They have permission but the planning regs that came in a few years ago mean that if they carry out this work their bar/restaurant front will have to be 5m back from where their front is now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf