Author Topic: airport car hire  (Read 2030 times)

Offline steveb1

airport car hire
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 14:21:53 PM »
we use Pegasus rent a car
17 days hire 26th aug to the 12 sept
£320 = £19 per day. pick up at airport
so £26 a day no bargain in my books

Offline batman

airport car hire
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 17:57:42 PM »
£26 sounds average price to me and includes headlight /tyre/windscreen insurance worth £3 per day. Steveb1 is £19 for petrol or diesel as you pay extra for a diesel car, but still a good price for petrol and amazing if diesel, did you 'do a deal' or is that their standard rate.

Offline steveb1

airport car hire
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 18:46:15 PM »
I have used this co for a long time the car is petrol or was last time
i think they do give me a good deal but i also think its not far from there normal price
and they know i do around 1000k in the 2 weeks

Offline elaina

airport car hire
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 21:06:42 PM »
I have used Pegasus for a number of years too.  No problems.  I always have a small car - last time in June was a Fiesta Diesel.  Very economical and very clean and in good condition.  Pegasus gave me a superb deal too - could not have got a better price for 22 days. I also had to change the arrangements at short notice due to being let down by Aegean, getting the money back and rebooking with Easyjet and it was no problem for them.

Offline johntaylor49

airport car hire
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 15:10:20 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by steveb1

we use Pegasus rent a car
17 days hire 26th aug to the 12 sept
£320 = £19 per day. pick up at airport
so £26 a day no bargain in my books

Is that totally inclusive though? All insurances included( full collision damage waiver ( CDW) Vehicle Theft Waiver,Fire Insurance,with no excess,Liability insurance,HTW insurance,( headlight,tyres and windscreen),Vat,local tax,unlimited mileage drive,deliver and collection

They even met my precise needs:-

Dear John Taylor
Yes.We can do for you collecting at Dolman Airport on 7th September at 22.15 till return to Calis on 14th September at 18.00 then get the car on 18th September at 18.00 in Calis till 25th September at 22.00 to Dalaman Airport .Total 14 days £ 364 .
Please let us know your rental detail( flight detail and hotel name in Calis) and your mobile telephone number.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Ibrahim Siper

I could have got it cheaper but not as all inclusive as that -- this way no matter what I pay nothing more.

I foumnd that a lot offered me a lower price but if I added all that on it was considerably more, bit like a Ryanair ticket  :)

Orange rentacar offwered me £150 per week  £21.42 per day but when I asked about fully inclusive they said

"Thank you for your email.
Sorry John. Our price includes CDW with £400 excess.
We do not do insurance with no excess.
"

and that seemed to be the story with everyone, low price but then as you added on the CDW etc. the price went up! and nobody wanted to cover tyres, windscreen etc. and in Turkey so easy to lose a windscreen or headlamp with stones thrown up.

JT
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 15:14:25 PM by johntaylor49 »

Offline TheBruces187

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 19:00:04 PM »
If the extra insurance items are the stopper, why not take out an annual excess cover in the UK? Cost about £40/50 for Europe, including turkey

Offline johntaylor49

airport car hire
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
That is a good idea that I never considered, and I have never looked at asking my iunsurers in the UK if they would cover a hire car in Turkey and for how much?

One of tyhe best things about the forum is the exchange of information, we all hjave our own ideas and opinions but the sharing usually brings us to a qualified conclusion! (or more confusion :D)

So, if we tot it up, presuming a price of £19 did not include the HWT, there is about £3.50 to add making it £22.50, add another
£3.50 to cover excess insurance and we have £26!! So, I guess the answer is yes, it was a good deal???? [?] (unless of course the £19 included HTW insurance of course!  :))

However, if you were making multiple trips and could spread the cost of the excess insurance over a longer period that would help reduce costs.

John
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:55:35 AM by johntaylor49 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf