Author Topic: Paragliding  (Read 2770 times)

Offline AndyLin

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Paragliding
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
Maybe the names of the companies involved in each accident should be made public.....

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Paragliding
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »
I am glad I didnt read this before I did my jump. I still have pains in my feet and Knee from being dragged on the ground for several metres before take off and I will have permanent scars on my left foot. I have spoken to lots of people since and they have had the same experience i.e, being dragged on the 600mtr slope. It was only due to the pilots quick reaction that saved me from more serious injury. :o

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Paragliding
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
There has been a virtual media silence on the number of deaths caused here by paragliding for many years...

I have lost count of the number of times I have heard a helicopter make the trip over the mountain this year only to hear shortly afterwards of yet another death.

Most of the accidents are allegedly down to individual and mostly experienced pilot errors - basically not being strapped in properly and you can't get more basic than that.

It is time that the companies are held to account, regulations tightened and those that exist enforced.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf