Author Topic: exchange rate  (Read 4129 times)

Offline mazza

• Denton, Manchester, UK
exchange rate
« on: April 01, 2005, 20:07:35 PM »
First I would like to say thank you for your emails about management companies,we are weighing them up and then will make a decision. Does anybody have any thoughts on whether it is better to change money here in UK or wait till we get out there. Are there any places in Calis to change sterling we didn't notice any when we were out in October, but then again we were enjoying it too much!!
Just one more thing, Cenk if you read this we are coming out in May and staying at Camelia so at least we will be able to put a face to a name on our 1st day hopefully and as the week goes on a few more as well.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
exchange rate
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 20:28:33 PM »
Change your cash in Calis there are change facilities every where including the corner shop

Ron

Offline leeds utd

exchange rate
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 16:47:28 PM »
Generally the rates in turkey are better than the uk

Offline rachel243

exchange rate
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »
came back from Calis on saturday. theres a place near the lighthouse bar were a man will stand on the pavement. his exchange rate is the best we found. 2400 lira per pound.

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

exchange rate
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 16:39:35 PM »
hi all. when i'm out there i usually change my cash in fethiye. there's a man in a clothes shop that always has the best rate. when you get off the water taxi, if you walk up through the stalls that usually sell books and jewelrey, you should come out at the side of gima supermarket (providing they haven't moved). if you cross the road and go right a few doors down theres the clothes shop, he usually sits outside and has got a "trainee millonaire" sign on his desk. he lookes english but is a local. try him out if you go over

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
exchange rate
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 22:48:46 PM »
we use the same fella his rates are the best i have found you get more for your money there

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
exchange rate
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 23:11:23 PM »
Yes so did we until he got used to seeing us and then starting sneaking in a commission charge!  Not again!

Offline amca

exchange rate
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 01:37:10 AM »
if you get a Nationwide flex account you will get pretty good rate using your flexc card in Turkey .... no admin charges or fees and  a decent rate of exchange .... I think other posts elsewhere refer to this as well ..... certainly worth investigating if you are a regular traveller abroad

Offline philrose

exchange rate
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 09:21:40 AM »
We took out a Nationwide account this year and as we we dre a fair sum of money out for some home improvments we saved about £30 in chages.

Also
(Apologies for being slightly off topic) Did you know that if you use the HNBC ATM (just by the Fethiye Cafe)you can opt to draw out your cash in Lire, Euros or Sterling.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
exchange rate
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 13:22:21 PM »
We used our new flex account in Oct and got 2.4ytl / £ with no charges. The best we saw in Hisaronu was 2.3 - 2.35ytl.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf