Author Topic: Kickstarter - Help a musician?  (Read 1737 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Kickstarter - Help a musician?
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
I know we all get totally sick of being asked for money - but I'm going to ask anyway ;)

Kickstarter is a website that help artists and others to raise cash to  complete their projects. My friend ,Krista Baroni is in the process of completing her 10 track album, 'Oh My Magpie' and needs a help with the final push.

Krista hails from Boston MA and in my opinion has a great voice and writes some great country music.

If anyone wants to help Krista finish and release her first ever full length album then pledge a little of your hard earned dosh please.

I've been a friend and follower of her music for the last 5 plus years and have seen how hard she has worked to get to this point and it would be a great shame if she falls short due to running out of cash. She has put everything she has into getting this completed and this is her final throw of the dice.

Even $10 would be a great help (roughly £6.25) towards her reaching her target and Kickstarter will only take your money if it is reached. Oh - and you do get a free digital download of 'Oh My Magpie', if your $10 is taken. $1 is the minimum pledge I think.

If anyone wants to help then please go to the kikstarter page and enrol. Even that in itself is interesting as there are so many projects on the go. Maybe someone who knows a band or artist in the UK  might gain something from checking it out. You can see and hear Krista on this page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kristabaroni/krista-baroni-records-oh-my-magpie

If any of my UK friends are unsure about putting their details on - line but want to contribute then just give me a shout and I will pledge it for you (I will need the cash though;-)

Good luck Krista  :)

Cheers

Stu

Ps - some of you might like her music and some you might hate it. Whatever it doesn't matter. I'm not interested in reviews - just helping a young girl achieve her dream of releasing her debut album.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:42:18 PM by stoop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf