Author Topic: Bank Charges  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Denise40

Bank Charges
« on: May 16, 2012, 14:59:35 PM »
Going into Finansbank today with my bank book, the cashier asked if I wanted the book updated (printed with previous transactions), which they normally do anyway, yes I said, that will be 1ytl, why I asked, for commission she says, I said don't bother then! But she did anyway and didn't charge me?!

Apparently one of the banks is asking 2ytl per month for internet banking!

Watch this space!
[xx(]

Offline corbindallas

Re: Bank Charges
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
Seriously that is one stupid charge, how dare they charge to update your account book, what next a charge to enter the bank doors! I think if they did that to me I would be seeking another bank.  >:(

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
Garanti 5TL to print new book or free if the cashier just wrote the name and a/c number ?????......  ??? :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 19:27:25 PM »

Apparently one of the banks is asking 2ytl per month for internet banking!

Watch this space!
[xx(]

Which bank is that then?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:26:41 AM »
we have had a Finas account for 5 years opened it with 100tl and then not bothered with it for a while. However recently we decided to put some money in the account due to the poor rates in Uk, it was not until we were home we studied the account card and realised the word hesap had apperaed several times, I got my  neighbour to check it over and what we thought were interest payments were actually minus's so the 100tl had been swallowed up in charges, I went upstairs to see the English speaking lady and she advised me to withdraw the 1500tl I had deposited in May as the account that had been opened for me was not a savings account and would not accrue any interest!  We had never used the account for anything did not have any bank cards as we had just wanted a savings account! You live and learn. 

Offline lesleyjakeway@btinternet.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 10:29:26 AM »
We had 100TL sitting in an account with HSBC in Fethiye. When we came to close the account we found that the whole amount had disappeared in charges, over a period of months, so we opened an account with Garanti Bank who have charged us TL39.50 just for receiving one credit, from the same branch!!  We have asked, by email, for a breakdown but to no avail. Can anyone point us to a Garanti Bank website where their charges are explained, or is that too much to expect?

Offline jsp51

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 16:27:35 PM »
 Try emailing Alper I believe he works there now, I am sure he will explain for you. alperekim@hotmail.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf