Author Topic: Help with viewing please  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help with viewing please
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
And as Keıth knows I wanted the Pınk Palace I had seen on the ınternet. Pınk ıt was, Palace ıt wasn't when vıewed. They all look lovely on the ınternet but look very dıfferent when you see them close up. My advıce would be ıf you fınd one you lıke go back and vıew ıt ın the evenıng on your own and walk to ıt and see how long ıt takes you. Also lısten for barkıng dogs and noise.

Yes there's a lot of things to consider when you view - which may only allow you the opportunity to see the property a couple of times (or even just the once for the "as soon as I walked in" customers - nothing wrong with that..!) Pictures on the internet serve to give you an idea of the property and I don't know of any agent (me included in my time) who attempt to do anything other than make the property and grounds/gardens look fabulous. Same in the UK. I remember seeing a villa in Calis on t'internet a few weeks before I went out to view properties and it became almost the reason I was going there - to buy that property. When I saw it "in the flesh" (without the blue sky and foreground palm tree branch to peep through!!) I hated it.

Also as quackers says, try to return to a property at different times, especially evening time - that Efes can wait. If the website says it's a ten minute walk, walk it - another great point.  I sometimes used to leave customers at the property and drive back to the office and wait for them to walk it. I don't know how many minutes it is from every building in the area to the beach - and ten minutes for me might be 15 (or 5!) for you...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
we were exactly the same as you Jacqui we dont have any regrets but with hindsight and the benefit of this forum five years on I would definetely do things differently and look at a lot more properties then we did  ;)

Offline quackers

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 13:56:24 PM »
Another tip  is look around and ıf there ıs vacant scrub land near the place you are vıewıng chances are ıt wıll be buılt on at some stage . Try and fınd out what wıll be buılt especıally ıf you lıke the vıew that goes wıth the property as ıt could dısappear.
Also make a lıst of what you want to make your lıfe easy for you now and ın the future. Medıcal facılıtıes close by, dolmus close by, shops ,bars, walkıng dıstance ,drıvıng/cyclıng dıstance to ammenıtıes. Don't forget in some resıdentıal areas most ammenıtıes  close ın the wınter like Hısoranu and Ovaçık they become like a ghost town. This may suit you but it may not.
If you are buyıng on a complex speak to neıghbours and fınd out what charges there are and facılıtıes. You wıll not be just holıdayıng here you wıll be lıvıng and ıt will make a dıfference ıf you at least attempt to get ıt rıght 1st tıme.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 18:10:38 PM »
spot on tip that Quackers re the vacant scrub land, we have had some apartments go up on what I was told 5 years ago was protected land (my a**e)and it has totally blocked out my view of the river, also had a sign go up on the other side where there was vacant land so it looks like we have more going up the other side as well it is a bit gutting as my view from my terrace is just not the same any more :(

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 18:52:05 PM »
I would have to say that my approach to purchasing my place in Ovacik was ultra cautious, just review my threads on the forum as evidence of that. I found the advice of the forum, in particular from Keith, as being of immense value.

I first went out on a viewing trip with my wife, I think it was the typical £199 for the two of us for 4 nights. The company we used attends lots of shows in the UK and appeared and as it turns out, was very reputable. I would have to say that they did not “frog march” us around all the time,. They planned the viewings in a very thoughtful way, giving us lots of free down time. We actually enjoyed the viewing experience as not only did we view lots of properties, we also had our own guide to show us the area from Dalyan to Ovacik etc and all areas around.

When we indicated that we wanted time to reflect on our viewing back home in the UK, they were happy with our decision and once again, did not hassle us or make us feel uncomfortable or anything like that. On our return to the UK and even more research, because we had been so impressed with the professional nature of this Company, we decided to purchase via them. They managed the purchase and within 3 months we had the Tapu. We had a great time fitting and furnishing it out ourselves. 4 years on we have never regretted the purchase at all.

We get out 3 or 4 times a year and love it.

If you want to know who I used, it is on the thread or e-mail me.

Happy hunting.

Kevin and Karen.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 21:05:52 PM »
and ten minutes for me might be 15 (or 5!) for you...

Would depend on how warm the Efes was getting   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf