Author Topic: Ttnet router  (Read 4423 times)

Offline saoirse

Ttnet router
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
Just a very quick query

Is  anyone else's  TTNET router made by Huwaei?

If so could you look at it and see how many ports it has

Thanks very much

Offline scorcher

Re: Ttnet router
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:29:01 AM »
Can't you find the router on the web Philip ?

Offline saoirse

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:49:26 AM »
Have tried but not 100% sure of model

Just thought if someone looked at the one they had been issued by TTNET it would be same as mine

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »
Yes I have the standard issue TTNET Huiwaei (supplied in summer 2012) and it has a single port.  If you are looking to add a couple of other devices I suggest that you purchase an alternative router with up to four ports (and wireless) or the more simple and elegant solution would be to purchase a non managed 5 port  mini switch - see below chip as chips at around £6-8 - assuming 5 ports is enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=5+port+switch

Offline saoirse

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 14:45:20 PM »
Thanks very much

I appreciate it

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 21:30:57 PM »
In response to your PM I have put some further advice/information below.... enjoy   ;)

The Huwaei router has a wireless (wi-fi) network that you should be able to add 4-6 wireless devices to the internet at the same time (devices are such as a mobile phone, an Ipad or other tablet device, a wireless network printer or a laptop with built in wireless connections) PLUS you will be able to connect one wired device to the router/internet itself using an ethernet cable to the port.  This could be any wired device such as a laptop (which usually has both wired and wireless connectivity) or perhaps an a fixed IP desk phone or even a CCTV camera.

I may have slightly mislead you earlier as I have just checked the Huwaei web site (a sad trait but I do work in telecoms) and the model router used by TTNET could actually have two wired ports.  You'll need to check, but that is good news I think, but you know you will have at least one possibly two wired ports.  If you ever need more than one or two WIRED ports - in addition to the wireless connections -  then refer to my earlier advice on the non managed 5 port switch, which will allow you to connect up to 4 wired devices to the inetrnet via your TTNET router PLUS the wireless connections.

A point to note is that the more devices YOU ARE USING (rather than have connected) will effect the speed of your broadband, but in most cases you'll only be using two possibly three devices at any one time, which will not have a significant effect on your broadband speed.

And finally if you do need greater speed, perhaps for TV streaming plus other internet usage at the same time, TTNET are now providing in a number of parts of Fethiye and Calis with Fibre optic based Broadband which can give you download speeds of 20/50/100 meg  (a lot better than your current possible 6meg or more likely much lower rate), plus improved upload speeds as well.  But for that TTNET will also provide you with a higher spec. router, which will probably have at least 4 wired ports, PLUS the wireless network.

Hopefully this is not too much detail and advice.

Offline saoirse

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 21:50:12 PM »
Thanks a million sir

Reckon it will be a long time before fibre optic reaches Uzumlu- it's not long since we stopped eating missionaries up there!!

I have fibre optic here at home and you sure are right re difference from ordinary bb. My download speed  went from 3 to 34

Thanks again

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 22:31:22 PM »

Offline saoirse

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
Yes I have the standard issue TTNET Huiwaei (supplied in summer 2012) and it has a single port.  If you are looking to add a couple of other devices I suggest that you purchase an alternative router with up to four ports (and wireless) or the more simple and elegant solution would be to purchase a non managed 5 port  mini switch - see below chip as chips at around £6-8 - assuming 5 ports is enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=5+port+switch

Thanks usedbustickets- do you know what model our router is?

Thanks

Offline usedbustickets

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 17:50:03 PM »
It might vary but it will be something like Huwaei HG-520 or 521

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf