Author Topic: Gbox-midnight jailbroken  (Read 4637 times)

Offline billy3107

Gbox-midnight jailbroken
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:31:56 AM »
Thinking of upgrading my internet package to the limitsiz 100g one which costs about 90 lira and purchasing an apple tv 2 nd gen jailbroken or a Gbox midnight jailbroken whiich is a cheaper version that does the same job I get 5m/b download speed where i am in Fethiye quite consistantly any one else out there have an  apple TV  box and how do you get on with it.Comments would be appreciated befoe i go ahead and purchase one.

Offline grahamturner09

Gbox-midnight jailbroken
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 13:35:11 PM »
I have Apple TV here in the UK its very good you should have no probs with that download speed I have less than that I can also jail break apple tv 2

Offline billy3107

Re: Gbox-midnight jailbroken
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »
I am swaying towards the G-Box midnight about £100 jailbroken on e bay in the UK I know it depends on how much TV you watch i hope 100g will be enough although they say its an unlimited package i believe it drops down to a stupid speed when you have exceeded your 100 g limit do you know if the boxes update themselves ?

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:51:43 AM »
Before you buy a jail broken Apple TV, take a look at the various Google Android Smart TV  does everything you want for IPTV (connected via a VPN) and more.  Generally lots cheaper, wider product range and not the closed user   you get from Apple products.

This is the product I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Google-SMART-TV-Stick-Android-4-1-Mini-WIFI-TV-PC-FULL-HD-1080p-3D-HDMI-Keyboard-/190782288109?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6583202414557509128%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D190782288109%26 but there are other makes that can be found at ebay and on the net in general.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
I agree with usedbustickets that google TV has a lot to offer. The mini android devices are excellent value. What they do is convert your TV to a smart TV (big computer) There are loads of these on the market which are being updated daily. Once installed no computer or cables to fiddle with. Take your pick on which device to buy, I reviewed mine on youtube before buying which I think is a good idea. Google Play has loads of free apps that allow you to watch the latest films and TV programmes and archived programmes. You can also download filmon as an app as well. There is an unbelievable amount of free entertainment available that can be downloaded for free. You do need a fairly good stable internet speed above 2mps. You dot not require a VPN unless you want BBCi or catchup TV.
Search ebay or amazon and take your pick. 

Offline billy3107

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:52:49 PM »
Had a look at the link, Thanks everyone, Technology is amazing

Offline barry44544

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 22:20:13 PM »
But.... With Apple TV you get air play.
So if you have a problem with your android box...
You can play direct from either your iPhone or your ipad.
First rule of computing in Fethiye.... Is have a back up plan.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »
But.... With Apple TV you get air play.
So if you have a problem with your android box...
You can play direct from either your iPhone or your ipad.
First rule of computing in Fethiye.... Is have a back up plan.
Yes a great bit of back up, but you could do the same with your - cheaper and superior - android phones of which there are many.  Mind you I don't fancy the data download charges from the mobile providers here in Turkey ..... oh ouch!

Offline Peter Bryant

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 20:17:30 PM »
I agree with usedbustickets that google TV has a lot to offer. The mini android devices are excellent value. What they do is convert your TV to a smart TV (big computer) There are loads of these on the market which are being updated daily. Once installed no computer or cables to fiddle with. Take your pick on which device to buy, I reviewed mine on youtube before buying which I think is a good idea. Google Play has loads of free apps that allow you to watch the latest films and TV programmes and archived programmes. You can also download filmon as an app as well. There is an unbelievable amount of free entertainment available that can be downloaded for free. You do need a fairly good stable internet speed above 2mps. You dot not require a VPN unless you want BBCi or catchup TV.
Search ebay or amazon and take your pick. 
Hi , Have PM`d you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf