Author Topic: Windows eight  (Read 5130 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Windows eight
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
I had windows 8 wasn't to compressed so downloaded 8.1 found it much. Better,
Only thing can't get expat shield on either,

Offline Menthol

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 05:24:46 AM »
I bought a new all-in-one PC from Costco about 6 weeks ago and it came with Windows 8.

Hated Windows 8 so much that I took advantage of Costco's wonderful 'no quibble returns policy' and now have an all-in-one Mac. And I'm very happy.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 18:15:32 PM »
HP Store have great deals on laptops with windows  7 pro installed I have just bought one they come with a free windows 8 upgrade disk for you to change over to if you care, .
They can be found only on the business section on the home page.
there are also discount vouchers on lots of discount code sites with up to 15 % off HP  Products  just enter it in the box on the order page

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 13:15:16 PM »
Can anyone tell me please can I install a printer which on the disk that came with the printer says Windows 7 to a Windows 8 laptop, I keep getting a message come up saying compatibility problem, I go to the help part or should I say I try to as nothing happens... would I maybe have to google the drivers as someone mentioned doing on a previous thread...I am getting more than in a kerfuffle with it all...thanks as always for any advice offered  :)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 15:32:04 PM »
If you go to the printer manufacturers website you will probably find an update to download for windows 8. What's the printer and model?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 15:48:31 PM »
We are just getting our heads around ours. Found a book at manchester airport too, which has helped.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 15:52:34 PM »
Hi Steve it is a Epson Stylus printer and the model no is SX425W I will really appreciate any advice you can offer as to what to do next thank you sooo much :D
Slikmrs maybe anyone's posting to help me may also be able to help you too??

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 16:28:08 PM »
I have that printer (or one very close to it, the reference number is that or very similar) - it can be a right sod Karen. Great printer when you get it set up.

The most important thing to get your head round is that it is a wireless printer but you really need to install it by connecting to it via USB cable (USB connector is on the left side).

I would say two most important things.

1. If it is installed on another laptop - a Windows 7 one and is still installed, you can try to connect to it via your Windows 8 control panel ( control panel - devices and printers - add a printer - it then searches for all connected and wireless printers.

Hopefully yours will show up as it is already network installed. If it does show up, just proceed with the installation process offered. This allows you to print from the new Win8 laptop without installing it like it was a new printer you bought today.

2. If the above doesn't work, try a full install using the USB cable and the CD if you have it. I have downloaded the drivers many times and it's always a troublesome install, whereas the CD seems to just work.

But back to what I said earlier - mine has several times nearly gone through the window. Try the suggestions, and breathe...

Hopefully that might help.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 16:42:00 PM »
Thanks very much Keith, I have the cd and that is where it is showing there is a compatibility problem... The printer is networked to an old computer so I am going to try what you have suggested, I don't know where the USB cable is I will have a look and try both methods you have suggested or only one if the first method works  ;)cheers...

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 18:10:47 PM »
Search for

epson sx425w windows 8 driver

On google.co.uk and the first two links should take you to the files you need

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf