Author Topic: Cin bal kaya coy  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Menthol

Re: Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 16:07:58 PM »
I'm starting to feel really hungry now. Veggie breakfasts on the other thread and now all this talk of proper home made Turkish fare!

Sounds like Mithat's is the place to go when we are next there....was going to go to Cin Bal.....

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 17:06:18 PM »
No idea Nichola, Im going back a lot of years.
I don't have a contact number and not sure what his restaurant is called. If I find out, will let you know

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 18:53:52 PM »
Is it The Village Garden ?

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 22:23:45 PM »
Thanks Linda I am sure we will find it following your directions and we can always ask at the tea house; think we will go this Sunday and get there early ish. If not a barby meze and salad always goes down well  :P

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Cin bal kaya coy
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 08:54:38 AM »
It's on the same side of the road as the tea house, keep going as if going to Gemiler, only a few metres along.
It used to be called Cavusoglu 2, but the link a few posts up show as Macri Pension.
Let us know what it's like Nichola.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 16:34:50 PM »
Macri pension and barbecue restaurant - Kayaköy

80TL for 700 grams pizola lamb (50TL kilo), 600 grams chicken (15TL kilo, large salad, half half aubergine salad and the other aubergine one with tomato (name escapes me) yogurt, one beer and one large water.

Please no one say 50TL per kilo is expensive for lamb it costs almost as much in the supermarket or at the butcher.

We enjoyed the food, the lamb is indeed chopped on the block in the garden, garden quite small but the two köşk are lovely and clean with what looks like new fabric for the cushions and carpets in both. A few normal tables if you prefer.

Room for improvement on the welcome but I could say the same for quite a lot of places we have been to for the first time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf