Author Topic: More tourists coming to Fethiye  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: More tourists coming to Fethiye
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
Not sure about Calis , but the number of `brit` visitors were  well down during May and June in Hisaronu, but plenty of turks about during late June early July .

And you only need to ask the Turkish bar and restaurant owners which nationality of bums they want on their seats...

Offline angela

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 13:21:12 PM »
well strangely, when we were over last two weeks of June we were astounded at the volume of Brits packing the restaurants every night. (not all of them admittedly) But there didn't seem to be any shortage of punters.

Offline George Warner

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 13:36:47 PM »
Spoke to an English restaurant owner in Hissy last night, he's very happy with the season so far.
On a slightly different tack,In one off the bigger Chinese restaurants they offer the choice of paying in TL or £ their exchange rates are worse than our friend Colin!  still on 2.5 to the £

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 16:52:43 PM »
George `english` restaurants in H  always do well... something I  personally cant get my head around  :-)  but a lot of restaurants and bars are struggling trust me, and late september and most of october is going to be quiet again .

Yes keith, most of the turks just `walk around` or  just drinking chi , not sure of my spelling there . But I did notice in early July a few more turks drinking more expensive drinks.. even cocktails ,   its the rise of the middle class turks now it seems, times are changing  around us   ;)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 16:57:09 PM »
Angela, we were there from Feb to early July ( back there again at the end of August )  and yes... last two weeks in June was busier, but believe me it was deathly quiet comparing to years gone by up to that point

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 19:36:12 PM »
Very true Sleuth - it's surprising how many properties locally (Calis not Perth :D ) are being sold to Turkish academics and professionals. Seems Fethiye just became more desirable.

Offline Dutchie

More tourists coming to Fethiye
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 20:26:57 PM »
Lots of Turkish people came in the early weeks of July because it was just before the ramadan. During the ramdan it's always quiet but you can expect loads of people end of next week, when the bayram starts.

I don't agree with the Turkish people not spending. Maybe the families with five kids squeezed into a şahin don't spend much but the young middle class couples tend to spend though.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 22:56:42 PM »
Yes I would agree with that entirely. To explain,my comments come directly from the bar and restaurant owners I know, who, in the main, are tired of orders for a large water and six glasses   :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 23:27:40 PM »
And that would be a large bottle of tap water as I explained to some one who asked why we took the labels off the bottles of water for Turkish people   :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf