Author Topic: Which Member would you most like to meet for 1st time & have a drink with ?  (Read 10085 times)

Offline Lotty

Might pop both our badges in my ears!   ;)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
I sort of thought I met Scunner once. He was getting off the water taxi in Fethiye as we were waiting to get on. One of those moments that goes by and you turn back and think it must have been him. He wasnt as tall as I imagined. Still would lke to meet him for a drink or two though. The other one would be Brummyboy from way back. 

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
I've met loads of members of course but still some I hope to cross paths with. Notably Pookie, we have missed each other by days with our holiday dates so many times it's untrue. Also (but no exclusively) Steve B (supposed to join us on a boat trip and missed the bus...), Suzzpuss, for some reason I'd like to meet Des (Martinson) for a beer, bewva, fletch, saoirse to name just a few.

But like I say, I'm lucky to have met thousands of CBF members already   :)
love to meet you too Keith, if only to discuss my idol Maggie, that should keep us occupied for a few hours eh, regards to you Steph and the girls..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
I sort of thought I met Scunner once. He was getting off the water taxi in Fethiye as we were waiting to get on. One of those moments that goes by and you turn back and think it must have been him. He wasnt as tall as I imagined.

In our case it was him (I think  ;)) who we unexpectedly found ourselves sitting opposite on a random trip to Fethiye.   

As you can see we are both exceptional tall for our respective heights.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member

He wasnt as tall as I imagined.

Yes that does sound like me :D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
An impossibly difficult question to answer because I would not necessarily want to name one person and not mention many others.

And if I try and list all of the members I would like to meet I may miss someone and that would be very embarrassing :o

Having said that, and if pressed, I would say pookie who, along with many others, showed Brenda and I tremendous kindness at a sad time in our lives.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
I would like to meet up with Scunner, Highlander, Lotty,  and Jacqui ( the last to apologise for being a total grump, nothing to do with her  me just being a total pain in the arse!!)

Offline Menthol

I genuinely wouldn't mind meeting any of you guys. It's always good to put a face to the comments and I can talk for England (and Turkey). I'd happily buy any of you an Efes/cay/latte.   :D

And meeting my fellow property searchers Slikmrs and Angela and Kevin would make for a good chat about our frustrations and excitement.

Bluwise and I have seem to have quite a bit in common and she looks lovely on her photo. I imagine her to have a really dirty laugh for some reason - same with Suzzpuss  :D

I think Lotty comes over as a really nice person and someone you could have a really good chat with.

Artymar and I have similar artistic tastes.

I think Gordon and Loz would be a veritable mine of information and fund of stories and make great company. I'm a bit in awe of these two.

Jacqui is someone I'm a bit scared of. I think she probably has the biggest, kindest heart in the world but I would need to curtsey if I met her.

Highlander has the nicest smile ever on his pic and I imagine is a very thoughtful and jolly person.

The 2 people that intrigue me the most are Scorcher and Lance, for entirely different reasons ......

Scunner is someone I'm never likely to meet as he is no doubt carried around Calis in his tahtirevan (sedan chair) and is only visible as a regal waving hand through the curtained window. However, should the occasion arise, I would willingly prostrate myself over the potholes on BMB so he could alight safely and not be sullied by the dust on his feet.

Offline Bluwise

Well, that made me hoot with laughter - curtseying to Jacqui and laying prostrate over the potholes for Scunner!  ;D

Thanks for the compliments and I don't know about a dirty laugh but I do love a mucky joke or two.
We will never know if we pass you on Calis prom unless you put a pic on for us Menthol - having said that, I could watch for someone curtseying in George's or taking a full size table tennis table on the dolmus - that should give it away!

Offline scorcher

xEfes/cay/latte - nice thought. Ear plugs going to be on offer ? I'm intrigued ...x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf