Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19109 times)

Offline SuzzPuss

Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 15:27:34 PM »
 ;D

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 15:30:21 PM »
Love it Angela  :P ;D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 19:26:31 PM »
Sorry Angela!

It's becoming even more confusing than it was before! And if one more agent or lovely waiter mentions Uzumlu, I'll scream!

I won't even take TA up to Uzumlu because I know he'll fall in love with it, but I also know that it's highly impractical for the rest of us.

And Ange, I'd love to post some pics on here and get opinions, I really would because it might actually help us make our bloody minds up! But it wouldn't be very appropriate to put up pics of some CBF members home really for us all to critique.

TA has fallen in love with a HUGE villa and it is that we are viewing again tomorrow because we need to see if it still has the same effect on us after seeing lord knows how many others since then.

I will say this though - whilst we have seen a few 'Eugh' villas, they are far outnumbered by the absolutely gorgeous ones.

Oh and to anyone else reading this who happen to be looking at buying at the moment, heed this : it really IS a buyers market right now. I've ventured an offer hypothetically to an agent this week and he said he would definitely consider it. It was an offer 60k below the asking price ..... And it had already been reduced. Although that is of little comfort to those of you who are having to sell and for that I am genuinely sorry  :-\

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 20:01:21 PM »

TA has fallen in love with a HUGE villa and it is that we are viewing again tomorrow because we need to see if it still has the same effect on us after seeing lord knows how many others since then.
I will say this though - whilst we have seen a few 'Eugh' villas, they are far outnumbered by the absolutely gorgeous ones.

Want to see it NOW! And also some of the other absolutely gorgeous ones! I'm the type who stops at every estate agent's window - whatever the country, even in UK - the lovelier the homes, the harder it is to pull me away. Now, my biggest regret is that we bought off plan (with all its aggro and subsequent nail biting worries) which meant that I didn't get to see what wonderful goodies were on the market - mind you, if we hadn't taken that spontaneous and crazy plunge then, I can't imagine we'd ever have bought anything - .

So-o-o I'll enjoy window shopping your journey with you (and Angela and the rest!). Make sure you pop in on 17th and be armed with photos and brochures! Maybe by then you'll already have the answer to your dreams. .

Offline scorcher

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 20:32:14 PM »
Uzumlu I hear you scream ! It's been called many things but impractical is a new one on me. Cooler in summer and bloody freezing in winter but good luck in your quest. It is too quiet for some I realise .

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 23:51:46 PM »
OK, here's a spanner for your works.  You've ruled out Ciftlik but if you put Ciftlik into ebay the villa we fell in love with last year has just come up for sale again.  I'd want to know why the people are selling it so soon to be honest but they have done it up a bit since they bought it.  The photos don't do it justice.  It's very pretty and has a lovely pool but its best feature is the views.  They're devastating.  And what's more it's on a hill so even if they build in front of you I'd be surprised if you lost those views.  Love it.   :D

Offline Menthol

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 03:33:53 AM »
Suzz, you can shut up about Ciftlik too! I keep mumbling rubbish about Ciftlik to keep TA away from there .....  >:(

Scorcher, Uzumlu is impractical because not everyone in the family will have access to a car and its a little far out from Fethiye and other attractions. And yes if I'm honest, just too quiet. Although I love how beautiful it is.

Arty, really hoping to be able to make the visit to see you but we've had one day free so far .....
And 'off plan' .... Even more options!

When I began The Great Quest To Buy A Property in Turkey, little did I realise how it would take over my life.

Night after night after night staring at photo after photo of villas. (And what is the obsession with agents and toilets?! A close up of the toilet is not a bathroom selling point. And switch that wide angle option off PURLEASE, it fools no one and makes your photo impossible to understand.

And t

Offline quackers

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 05:35:07 AM »
I am too practical. Trıplex was not for me,all those staırs and  all that cleanıng ın the heat phew.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2013, 06:26:56 AM »
Ciftlik is fine! Especially the village. Don't rule it out.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »

(And what is the obsession with agents and toilets?!

Is proper toilet flushing a problem in and around Fethiye? I've seen notices beside toilets in various places asking people not to use loo paper in the loos but to put it in the tiny little bins placed next to toilets for the purpose (eeeuw!). We asked our builders about this at the time of building and we were assured that toilet plumbing and infrastructure would be "up to Western standards", but we've had problems with flushing, smells etc and have changed the mechanisms in all the cisterns, but still have some problems time to time. Now we're told that this is due to general poor underground sewage systems in the area as a whole. True?
Maybe that's why agents have an obsession with toilets!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf