Author Topic: I've blown his mind ....  (Read 19532 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: I've blown his mind ....
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2013, 15:39:20 PM »
We have just had our bathroom renovated and used the new drain covers, they are chrome covers and the inside has a small flap that drops when water hits it and closes when the water is stopped, no more tiles over the holes.  me being a skin flint only paid 10Tl each, the double drains from 50tl, bronze coloured 35tl. 

Offline quackers

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2013, 15:49:00 PM »
Oooooo I am off to buy some tomorrow.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2013, 15:57:27 PM »
opposite side to the B&Q shop that is now Home something, walk towards Fethiye, I think the bathroom shop is Mendos, it is the one that has for years had the fancy dome ceiling in the shop front show room. 
Why has it taken them so long?

Offline Menthol

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 20:01:27 PM »
Second viewing of what I'll call the Blue Villa went well today.

It's big and would suit us well. Stunning outlook. Definitely some work needs doing on it though.

Then we went to the Tax Office to get our tax numbers. Found the right desk (top floor right at the very end ). Told we needed photocopies of our passports and they did not provide this service. Told that a shop at the rear of the office across the main road would do this for small fee.

None of the shops able to do this. Was getting a bit fed up traipsing around in the serious heat today (felt even hotter than yesterday and that was 45c in Fethiye sun). But lovely guys in the electronics shop opposite the music shop kindly photocopied them and refused payment.

Back to the Tax Office and after filling in a simple form (be aware your address needs to be a Turkish address, we used the apartments address as it is the only one we know. I'm sure we can change it later) and 10 mins later we have our tax numbers.

Next stop - bank accounts. Just could not summon up the energy to go and do that as well today - heat
fatigue.

Mon and Tues next week, we are seeing a property in Karaculha and one in Kayakoy. Then it's decision time. Maybe.

By the way TA has so far mentioned 6 business ideas he would like to develop here. Me? I want to potter about growing some fruit and enjoy decorating our property with time off in the pool. Oh and pick up the sketching and painting again. We'll see.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 20:13:25 PM »

Mon and Tues next week, we are seeing a property in Karaculha and one in Kayakoy. Then it's decision time. Maybe.

By the way TA has so far mentioned 6 business ideas he would like to develop here. Me? I want to potter about growing some fruit and enjoy decorating our property with time off in the pool. Oh and pick up the sketching and painting again. We'll see.
Sounds as if you want this to be a permanent move, not a holiday villa...? Is that on the cards, or have I missed something (wrap on the knuckles if so)? Looks like our tete-a-tete on Tuesday if off :(

Offline Menthol

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2013, 21:56:45 PM »
I know Arty, I am sorry about that. I would have liked to have met you and Quackers. But the agent wasn't able to get us a viewing at another time as the vendor isn't free.

The plan is to spend half the time here and half in UK. Long term the plan is to move here. No idea how that will pan out for sure.

I might put up a message on here later next week saying 'we are going to be in suchandsuch a bar at suchandsuch a time and if anyone can make it, we'll treat you to a beer or whatever, cos we'd love to meet you.' But then again, I might be deep in negotiation with an agent or two .......

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2013, 22:05:30 PM »
Sorry to have missed you Aisha as we go home tomorrow but really wish you and others well in your search.  It must be hard in this heat but will all be worthwhile.  Good luck and keep us informed. 
Artymar / Quackers - enjoy your meet and look forward to all the goss as things progress.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2013, 23:31:22 PM »
Second viewing of what I'll call the Blue Villa went well today.

It's big and would suit us well. Stunning outlook. Definitely some work needs doing on it though.

Ooh exciting!!  What sort of work needs doing?  Cosmetic or more?  How old is the house?

Next stop - bank accounts. Just could not summon up the energy to go and do that as well today - heat
fatigue.

When we opened our bank accounts we got to HSBC at about 9.15 am and hardly waited at all.  We left there about an hour later with a lira account, a sterling account and online banking.  Worth getting there early I reckon.

Erm, and Ciftlik is out of the way?   ;)

From what you've said about him it sounds to me like he's virtually moved in there already.  If he's not starting new businesses he won't be happy so that's great!  Mind you, how he goes about that is a mystery to me.

Best of luck for the rest of your trip.  It's all very exciting.  You do realise we're all living vicariously through you don't you?   ;)  ;)  ;)

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2013, 00:41:24 AM »
Menthol, Blue Villa sounds intriguing. How about a piccie of the stunning outlook? What needs doing to it - same question as SuzzPuss. Before signing anything, keep your feet sufficiently on the ground to find out whether those selling you the property or the property owners are not in debt that could somehow be thrown back onto you - affecting your Tapu and Habitation certificates. Good luck with this exciting venture! Keen to know the outcome! Meet up with you another time at your villa or ours.

Offline tonysue

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2013, 08:55:45 AM »
Kayakoy? please be careful, its been a few years since the Beledeyi threatened to knock all the dwellings down for being illegally built. Hopefully this has now been resolved and you have the house of your dreams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf