Author Topic: Not just Dalaman naughty list....  (Read 3246 times)

Offline oscarj

• Chippy Arms
Not just Dalaman naughty list....
« on: October 30, 2013, 22:25:38 PM »
Is there anyone else who is always "bleeped" at the airport? Leeds, Manchester, all the Greek ones I have been to, Spanish, India and of course Dalaman every time. Just recently come back from Las Vegas and yep, there we go again? Frisked, searched the lot. So what is it? Everything possible removed and still "bleeped" sorry don't know the official term!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Not just Dalaman naughty list....
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 22:50:04 PM »
For some reason when we get to Aberdeen Airport and my husband has on lace up shoes, he walks straight through and I who wears a pair of the briefest sandals with one strap across them always gets told to take them off??   Last time I thought I had got away with it and walked through, the alarm when off and I got taken to one side frisked and then had to take off my sandals whilst security put them back on the counter for them to go through x-ray!!  I protested once again to no avail, had a surreal moment as I walked back to my husband who was standing waiting for me with Gregg Wallace standing next to him, both putting their belts back on.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 23:11:52 PM »
Slik with his shaved head, football shirt,shorts and stoke tattoo on his leg, always goes straight through  no problem. I,m the same as you jacqui, shoes off,the machine thingy, search. Unfortunately, no Gregg Wallace for me, just slik laughing

Offline Menthol

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:45:14 AM »
Not every time but often the wire in my bra seems to set the bleeper off. But then there is a lot of wire .....

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 08:51:23 AM »
Far to much information there Menthol   ;)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 12:59:56 PM »
Yep. At  Manchester airport . I had a medical procedure years ago and had some metal clips inserted into my body....sets the alarm off every time.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Strangely I went straight through at Dalaman, but bleeped in Istanbul, same clothes  nothing different and just about 2 hours later! However we have the badge of honour now as M went in the naughty book! (Never heard of it before this forum) we don't know why exactly but it could have been the cables for laptop or the stand for my iPad. Lot of serious and threatening stares all round! Hilarious.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
After a broken ankle some years ago I now have a metal plate and screws holding it together, and I never have a problem with "bleeping", on the other hand my friend who had a knee replacement operation at about the same time as mine is stopped and searched 9 times out of ten.  Doesn't make sense at all!!

Offline Somerset Simon

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:05 AM »
I was told a few tears ago that the scanners are programmed to not only detect metal, but also to beep randomly to keep the security teams and travellers on their toes, so you can have an unlucky run!

Offline daveG

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 13:43:14 PM »
My wife also has a knee replacement and always is stopped however this time through DLM she was stopped and the "lady"? was adamant that both
knees were "bleeping" which was a surprise to her as she would have tried for a "two for one offer" if this had been the case.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf