Author Topic: Visit by Prime Minister  (Read 9450 times)

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Re: Visit by Prime Minister
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 21:18:53 PM »
Gordon, love you as I do, you are talking total rubbish.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 22:16:09 PM »
Really George?? As much as we both absolutely LOVE you, and your sense of humour, let us just "suck it and see" shall we ??    ;) ;D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2013, 13:00:45 PM »
I'm pretty much with Gordon's analysis on this.  The great one is a megalomaniac, and he is surrounded by family and supporters who are in it to simply to line their own pockets, and personal power trips.  The question that remains unanswered is will the Turkish opposition - and possibly large number of disaffected AK supporters - get it together to start to peg him back over the next 12-18 months?  I hope so, as the risk is that Turkey could quickly become like Egypt before the army stepped in and since.  And nobody wants that apart from the extremist islamists.

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2013, 20:13:10 PM »
Me and Sue thought we'd make the effort of going to have a look and see how close we could get. I went with my long lens camera just in case i couldn't get close enough. ( more on that in a bit )

Anyway on the bus which was packed full of pretty ladies and well dressed men all heading for the same place.
As we rounded the corner by the otogar and down towards the town we were impressed by number of flags and banners that fluttered in the breeze.
 The road was closed from the Mosque down to the town so after we got off the dolmus we walked down that road towards town, hundreds of people all heading in the same direction.
With all the road and pavements closures we were steered down past The Mulberry tree and the duck pond all the way down to the harbour.
Wow not a boat in sight to the right, there were a few over on the left towards the passport police, but the main harbour area was just a water front all the trip boats gone every last one gone. Just open water all the way out to the sea.
We were starting to get very excited about what we were going to see and quiet caught up in the moment with all the people heading for  the square and the chance of seeing possibly the Turkish Prime Minister.
Along the waterfront we went until we to the back of MIGROS by the fountain and our way was blocked again by security barriers and guards with detectors and dogs and all sorts of stuff.
So we queued up for our shakedown along with everyone else, our turn arrived and we were patted down by security, both passed muster and then the question : Whats in the bags ?
Sue said ladies handbag stuff, so they searched it contents for all to see, no problem she was in yayyyy. My turn , he opened my carrier to find my camera, he looked up at me and said. "  Press ? "
Me " No Public Visitor "
He said   " No entry "
Me   " Sorry ? "
He said  " You have camera and your not press no entry please leave ".

I called to Sue I'm not aloud in because of my camera and i don't work for the press.
Can you imagine her poor little face at the thought of going through all that excitement only to fall at the last hurdle ?

Gutted was not in it.

We walked back along the harbour thinking what shall we do now.

Fethiye town was on a virtual lock down because of the visit so we decided to call it a day and head home again as there was going to be no chance of seeing anything or anybody.

Total waste of a day.

If he comes back again again some day we will not be making the effort ever again.

I hope he enjoyed his visit to Fethiye but its not the Fethiye we all know and love that he saw.
Just the polished up shiny bits put into place for him.

Oh well his loss.     

Offline angieebabe

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 08:31:30 AM »
No matter where you are in the world , All leaders have the same effect , ie Lockdowns and very tight Security, mainly due to the amount of nut cases in this world who have different opinions on life and how they think it should be lived.  Pity,,, but  I'm sure it was not a personal vendetta just because you had a Camera..

Offline janmack

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 09:30:29 AM »
I agree with Gordon's observations...have felt that way for 3-4 years now:(  I don't feel particularly safe here any longer.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf