Author Topic: Thomas cook winter flights to dalaman  (Read 3249 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Thomas cook winter flights to dalaman
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »
Pegasus (and to be balanced probably some others) will always take you for a very reasonable price - £25 for up to 4 people - one way to Fethiye or Calis and at that price even I pay for a private transfer :D

I think the trick with transfer people is to text or e-mail them the day before or early on the day to remind them. Used Pegasus for about 20 transfers and 6 car hire and by doing this each time I have never had a major problem. These types of service sector businesses are either too busy or too quiet so a quick prompt always helps  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »
I doubt an email or text would help with most problems I have read about them - I think the biggest area of complaint about Pegasus private transfers is the number of times people have paid for private and ended up having to share - with no explanation, apology or discount.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
That is unacceptable - but it has never happened to me and I like to think we would contact Mutlu and get some satisfaction if ever it did - we will see .........

Offline Somerset Simon

Thomas cook winter flights to dalaman
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 15:09:31 PM »
We flew back to Gatwick with Thomas Cook on Sunday night and just a warning that all hand luggage was being weighed at check in. As we had no cases and just small hand luggage I was surprised that we were well over the 5kg each allowance (even after I had removed iPad, phones etc and put in my coat pocket whilst queuing). I did manage to talk my way around issue ( good job she didn't check for my heavy laptop as it wasn't there!) and couldn't believe that when I checked the TC website earlier, they will charge £50 for excess hand luggage that has to be transported in the hold!

Offline Steady_Andy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 19:17:35 PM »
You were lucky. We had the same problem and also filled our pockets and even had to hide some heavy items behind a weighing machine before going back to be re-weighed. We were told £60 to transfer a bag to the hold. Of couse, we refilled our bags as soon as we got our boarding passes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf