Author Topic: Thomas Cook using Pegasus from Edinburgh  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Ray1951

Thomas Cook using Pegasus from Edinburgh
« on: January 13, 2014, 21:50:31 PM »
Just got an excellent deal from TC (needs must!) and I see that they are using Pegasus for some of their flights.  17 days in June:  Edinburgh - Dalaman then Dalaman - Glasgow £163.  Not the best flight times but acceptable.  The flight to Dalaman is with Pegasus, whom I have always been happy with and the return is with Thomas Cook Airlines.  A bundle: 20K hold luggage + 5K hand, choose your seats, meals + text confirmation £31 total.  Good value.

Offline Brianbern

Re: Thomas Cook using Pegasus from Edinburgh
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 23:22:17 PM »
Very good value for Scotland - we usually have to pay way over the odds!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:42:55 AM »
T.C. have been using Pegasus and Free Bird from Aberdeen for a few years now. I much prefer them than T.C. More room in the planes, nicer staff and no hard sell every 15 minutes.  However no cheap flights ever from Aberdeen.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Thomas Cook had to sell a large number of their planes when they hit near to bankruptcy troubles of mid 2012.

Offline jill78

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
Hi, I'm trying to book flights and can't get TC to give me the choice of different airlines in and out. The ones I am trying for are easy jet and Pegasus, they have day flights trying to avoid 2am arrivals with 2 young kids. Tried too see if I could book separate flights but can't book 1 way from Dalaman. Am I being thick?   :)
Thomson were cheaper from Aberdeen than Edinburgh in June.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 14:26:38 PM »
When you go onto the TC site and you put in the departure airport and the arrival airport, it asks you if you would consider 'other airports.  If you say yes, it will give you the flight options for other departure and arrival airports.  This is how I came to be flying from Edinburgh and returning to Glasgow, which was perfect for me and through doing this, I saved a fortune.  Thomas Cook are operating the outward flight which is Pegasus whilst on the return, it is their own aircraft.  Hope this helps.

Offline jill78

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 17:00:51 PM »
Yes, thanks. Didn't realise there was Thomas Cook and fly thomas cook, separate website. The one that let's you choose different airports doesn't have easy jet. I did get better flight time options which would be a bit more expensive. I stay really close to Edinburgh airport so if I can find some family member to scrounge a lift to Glasgow on way out I might consider it.
So much easier with the kids I feel they would miss the first 2 days of their holiday arriving at 2am.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 17:07:54 PM »
Try Skyscanner: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/search_all_dalaman_flights_date_skyscanner/

All airlines are compared on there, easyjet, TC, Jet2 all side by side.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf