Author Topic: Flight prices Bournemouth  (Read 2453 times)

Offline hubblebubbles

Flight prices Bournemouth
« on: March 06, 2014, 20:36:38 PM »
I have been trying to book a flight for my daughter to visit me from Bournemouth and the flights are coming in at..... wait for it ..... £470  !!!!!! She only lives about 15 minutes from the airport so it is more convenient than Gatwick but not at those prices .Plus it says there are only 8 seats left on the flight .Lot of rich people in Bournemouth coming to Turkey to pay those hyped up prices .

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Flight prices Bournemouth
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 23:06:28 PM »
These are the prices we pay in Scotland to come to Turkey.  It's always around £400 or more each.  People in the London area would be shocked at these prices as they are the lucky ones that I think are subsidised by the smaller Airports in England and all the Airports in Scotland.

Offline mikeandpat

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
It's the same down here for Exeter around £ 400 for a flight, think it may be to do with Thomson being the only airline available. We are now going to Bristol as it is cheaper even allowing for the cost of getting there and parking. Shame really as Exeter for us is only 30 minutes away and Bristol 1.5 - 2 hours!!

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 16:21:50 PM »
ALL flights from ANY United Kingdom airport are calculated, fuel wise, as if flying from Gatwick !! I don't know why, but it has always been this way, ergo, the farther away from Gatwick that any flight originates, the more expensive that flight is !!
If one could be bothered to actually calculate how many RETURN air miles it is from Aberdeen, or any other "provincial" U.K. airport, to Gatwick, then calculate how much fuel is needed, at Gatwick costings, to cover that distance, included 2 times take off & landings, divided by number of seats, empty or not, the flight cost variant can be somewhat "justified".
Bugger it, I know what I mean, anyway !!

Offline GordonA

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 16:26:22 PM »
Further to my above post, if one looks at aircraft identification lettering/numbers on the fuselage/tail of ALL British airlines, that identification is ALWAYS preceded by a capital "G" for Gatwick. Just saying.  :D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 17:05:22 PM »
Well Bournemouth and Exeter are not as far from Gatwick as Aberdeen and yet the fares from these places are comparable with those from Aberdeen, so there is something amiss here.

Offline GordonA

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 17:11:14 PM »
Google it then !!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 17:15:37 PM »
I totally believe what your are saying, but I cannot understand why it's so expensive to fly from the smaller English airports.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 18:10:43 PM »
Probably been posted before but well worth posting again (even if I believed those Irish folk telling me that fecking isn't a swear word in their language - which I don't). Fascinating Aida and the myth of cheap flights.

http://www.multimedia-english.com/videos/cheap-flights-3437#_/term_

Offline hubblebubbles

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 21:35:13 PM »
My daughter has been visiting me for the last six years and the flight has never cost more than £300 . After I checked the flight from Bournemouth at £470  I then checked Gatwick and they were £290 so I do feel this year the price is highly inflated from the local airport.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf