Author Topic: Missing Person - Have you seen this man?  (Read 6089 times)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Missing Person - Have you seen this man?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 22:36:22 PM »
Always have, and always will, support Manchester United. I'm NOT one of those "fair weather & good results" supporters.  To paraphrase the immortal words of General McArthur, We shall return !!

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 23:41:57 PM »
Brilliant quote I read elsewhere this evening:

The ref did Utd no favours tonight ! That was a great opportunity to send Fellaini off and he only gave him a yellow, Utd should appeal and get him suspended!!! :-)

Sadly so true AND he should have gone for that elbow!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »
Always have, and always will, support Manchester United. I'm NOT one of those "fair weather & good results" supporters.  To paraphrase the immortal words of General McArthur, We shall return !!

I know a lot of older Irish people support M.U. because of George Best.  The same way a lot of Scots support M.U. because of Alex Ferguson.   I have spoken to Aberdeen people who say they started to support M.U.  when Fergie left Aberdeen to go to M.U.  So for older Scots there is this reason they support an English Team so far from Scotland.  However, it always baffles me now, as to why someone who does not come for a place or have any connection with it, supports the football team from that place.  Unless, of course, they are glory hunters.  I remember when M.C. got all the money from the new owner and started to be successful, I was in the supermarket in Peterhead and saw a local guy wearing an M.C. shirt, then over a few weeks more of these shirt wearers appeared in the town.  I had never seen this before in the 30 years I had lived here. :o   ;)
I always think this Scottish support and "love" for an English team never equates to the way a lot of Scots say they would rather see any team win the World Cup than England.  ;)

Offline tiggsy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 08:21:13 AM »

Well said Gordon, every true supporter would have this attitude, regardless. I can't say I wish Man U the best obviously, but I respect your support and views. 

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 08:50:29 AM »
Back on topic!!   ;)

Boxerdog delivered up the promised Arsenal Buns last night, they were amongst the best cakes I have ever tasted..well done Jan.  Shame the Arsenal result didn't compliment the buns >:( >:(  Wenger Out ... Buns In.

Offline davybill

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:06 AM »
I think you can support who you like,you pays your money you takes
Your choice,

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 10:41:39 AM »
Jacquie the reason I support Man. Utd from a very early age, I come from a small town Chesterfield who were div 4 or 3 so everyone also supported a Div. 1 side as well. I followed Chesterfield all over the country and only go to watch Man. utd. when in England because my sons company have a private box.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 13:20:06 PM »

I know a lot of older Irish people support M.U. because of George Best.  The same way a lot of Scots support M.U. because of Alex Ferguson.   I have spoken to Aberdeen people who say they started to support M.U.  when Fergie left Aberdeen to go to M.U.  So for older Scots there is this reason they support an English Team so far from Scotland.  However, it always baffles me now, as to why someone who does not come for a place or have any connection with it, supports the football team from that place.  Unless, of course, they are glory hunters.  I remember when M.C. got all the money from the new owner and started to be successful, I was in the supermarket in Peterhead and saw a local guy wearing an M.C. shirt, then over a few weeks more of these shirt wearers appeared in the town.  I had never seen this before in the 30 years I had lived here. :o     ;)
I always think this Scottish support and "love" for an English team never equates to the way a lot of Scots say they would rather see any team win the World Cup than England.    ;)

Where a person hails from should have absolutely NO reflection upon which football team that person supports/follows. I LOVE Parma Ham, but have NEVER been to Italy !! As for the last sentence of the above quote, when all is said and done, I am BRITISH, proud to be so, and I shall ALWAYS give my support to an English team when they are playing a "foreign" team, ALWAYS !!
Jacqui, please do not let your own bigotry blind you, I have never met you, but I am sure that you are a better, nicer person than this seems to portray you as being.

Herr Tickets, apologies for going off topic !!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 14:00:59 PM »
This is what proper supporters looks like - 4-0 down, admin looming, travelled to Bournemouth and back on a school night. Just look at them when Ross scores our consolation!

Classic!

http://telly.com/embed.php?guid=1IG9QUN&autoplay=0

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 16:16:00 PM »
Very tuneful Stoop....

I can see the quote within a quote monster is back again!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf