Author Topic: Not 1 but 2 - Chorlton Manchester  (Read 2688 times)

Offline jennyjo

Not 1 but 2 - Chorlton Manchester
« on: May 05, 2014, 14:57:34 PM »
We have been going to a small Turkish Restaurant in Chorlton for the last couple of years - Saray - it is very nice, staff lovely and there are pictures of Fethiye on the walls, the food has always been consistently good and very good value.  We went into Chorlton on Saturday evening, hadn't booked so couldn't get in Saray.  We went around the corner to try another newish restaurant - Olive & Thyme and was pleasantly surprised that it was Turkish!  The food was amazing, they even had the complimentary 'puffy bread' with garlic butter.  The staff were so good, barman's brother is the owner of one of the Serkeul restaurants on Calis front.  Wasn't the cheapest but everything was beautiful!  Four of us, 2 had 2 courses, 2 had 3 courses, bottle of wine, 6 beers - £122.00. I had one of the best Ottoman casseroles I have ever had.  All the staff are Turkish, owner was very chatty and brought over complimentary drinks, wine and beer. Now on my favourite list although I still love Saray.  Highly recommend both these restaurants.  If in Manchester, Chorlton is not too far out of the city centre or staying overnight at or near the airport.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Not 1 but 2 - Chorlton Manchester
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 15:13:31 PM »
Where in Chorlton are they. I sometimes have business to attend to on Mauldeth Road West. Are they open at lunchtime ?

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 15:36:14 PM »
Saray is on Wilbraham Road and Olive and Thyme is on Barlow Moor Road, they are just around the corner from each other in the centre of Chorlton.  Only a short distance from Mauldeth Road.

Offline jennyjo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 16:09:30 PM »
Olive and Thyme are open every day from lunch with offers on - Don't think Saray opens at lunch time Mon to Thurs, don't remember seeing it open during the week apart from Fridays and obviously open Sat and Sun from lunch time, again with offers on.  Saray also do a lovely set menu from 5 to 7 each evening £9.90 for 2 courses, limited choice but very nice.

Offline suehugh

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 20:25:44 PM »
Sounds good. We have lost the only Turkish restaurant in Didsbury now and our nearest Turkish was turquoise in Cheadle. Really , the best Turkish food outside Turkey.
We will have a look see at these two in Chorlten.
Thanks

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf