Author Topic: Help please  (Read 5287 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Help please
« on: July 15, 2014, 21:17:30 PM »
I appear to have attracted a computer virus, an nasty little thing cnd.cloudwm .com   
I have tried everything, it has bypassed both my spyware/malware and McAfee, I have check control panel and programs features etc, it is not there, I have looked in the program file,nope not there, it has managed to affect all browsers, luckily Chrome halts use of Network takers. so this little devil is extremely good at hiding,  I eventually manage to download a tool called junkware removal tool, something that I did not want to do.   
So far so good, I am not happy to open anything too important, has any members had this demon and if so how did you get rid.

and not forgetting  .downyueliang. com
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 21:29:16 PM by loz »

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 21:30:44 PM »
Have you tried either Malwarebytes or Spybot SD?

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 21:41:49 PM »
Thanks John, I have spybot and it did not pick this up.  I will give malwarebytes a go.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 21:47:13 PM »
Give it a go and let me know how it goes.  After you've installed MWB run it in safe mode, and while you're there try McAfee again as according to their site it should pick it up. 

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 22:21:29 PM »
Download malwarbytes and run the scan,  I still have this message when I open Chrome

how to capture screen

it is now everytime I click a link the cnd.cloudwm open too. 
taking it back to factory settings will  not helpmuch either? no?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 22:22:38 PM »
No it wont.  Give me ten mins to have a look at a manual removal.

JF

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 22:24:34 PM »
Check your programs, is there one named "HD Streamer" or something very similar?

If there is, delete it. 

Manual removal is a bit sketchy, I haven't found a trustworthy source for removal instructions as yet.

I'm not sure why Malwarebytes isn't picking it up, or McAfee come to that as they are both aware of the issue.

Two last cleaners to try:

http://download.cnet.com/Yet-Another-Cleaner/3000-2086_4-75959789.html  use the "direct download link" below the large green button.

http://superantispyware.com/  - not used this one but it was recommended on the official Microsoft forum.

If you know how to, deleting personal profiles on Firefox and Chrome may also help.

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 22:53:19 PM »
I can't see anything odd in the files, but then again,  it must be there as  I am now getting  double underscore 

this is the page that continues to pop up..  http://cdn.cloudwm.com/uploads/19/pop/pop.html?url=http%3A%2F%2F20d625b48e.se%2F%3Fplacement%3D400298%26redirect%26test   

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 23:01:36 PM »
You wont see anything odd, these things hide by looking normal.

Are you on Win7?  Go to "Programs and Features" and look for HD Streamer or any other program thats been installed recently (look at the instal dates) that you didnt instal yourself.  If there is something there, remove it.

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 23:09:36 PM »
Windows 8, I have looked at the install dates, nothing there.   there is something now that Malbytes continues to pop up with, blocking programes(86)chrome or firefox apps

image search

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf