Author Topic: Websaver Virus  (Read 2246 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Websaver Virus
« on: December 20, 2014, 16:44:34 PM »
I've got an infection of Websaver on my Chrome browser and can't get rid.

I've deleted it several times in the extensions but it's still lurking somewhere in the registry.

I've tried several anti-virus programmes including AVG, Panda, Malware Bytes but they either don't detect it or they want silly money for a year's subscription despite advertising as being free.

I've seen the instructions before on Google for how to delete it from the registry but can't find them now. Does anyone (come on Lance, I'm offering you an open goal here  ;) ) have instructions for how to do the job myself please?

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Websaver Virus
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 18:41:20 PM »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 00:22:24 AM »
Hi Alan. i recently got a new desktop which is ultra rapid. So rapid that I was getting pop-ups quicker than I could delete them. Whilst gmail and FB were OK all other browsers were virtually unusable. Being a bit clueless I got help from my son who works in IT.  He tried a few routes with no success but as a last resort went into  bleepingcomputers.com.
From here he downloaded and ran AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti Malware and my problems were GONE. May or may not help you but worth a try.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »
Thanks John, but unfortunately I've already tried 2 of the options suggested by that link, and the 3rd is asking for 40 USD.

Kenkay, thanks, I'll try that suggestion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf