Author Topic: Bridge (cards)  (Read 1933 times)

Offline janetanne

• Newly Registered
Bridge (cards)
« on: March 03, 2015, 16:35:20 PM »
Hi , I am a new resident in  Uzumlu and am a bridge player. Does anyone know if there are any players here?

Offline Sleuth

Re: Bridge (cards)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
Hi there,    finding English Bridge players  around this area is like trying to find gold  :-)     However  these last couple of years  I  have successfully managed to make  contact with three or four  very friendly players  of various levels ....  we meet at my apartment  in Hisaronu   most friday afternoons  for six months of the year..   we play a form of `duplicate for four` its fun, instructive and better than Rubber Bridge.

If you, or anyone else has  transport and  are prepared to travel to Hisaronu  and want to join us anytime, please let me know by
e mail at  hank@blueyonder.co.uk      or ring me on , 05372135840
One of our group, travels to us  regularly from Gocek... and  I am sure he would pick you up and drop you off at Fethiye  at an arranged  meeting point should you want to join us on fridays  :-)

There is a Bridge club in Fethiye  open daily at 2pm...  about  6  tables . all  turkish  and all men  , they play `teams `Bridge ...  they are very friendly but  communication is a problem when partnering any of them...you can pay as you go but there is an annual membership..  but  the standard of play is VERY  strong with 90% of the players there. The club boast a cabinet full of Bridge trophies.

I  will add that on the first saturday of every month , at 2pm   Jon  ( an english  player )   organises  a duplicate  session... which is good fun and usually attracts  about  6  tables 

please get back to me if you are interested  in the above  or have any questions ...  we are always looking for new faces... and you will find us very hospitable and friendly I assure you    :-)

regards  Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf